Today was the first time i...............

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
ok we can accept it this time,...sigh,...just dont let it happen again,..lol...

well done on the bunny,...were you shocked/suprised by the smell?

Have to admit it wasn't the greatest smell in the world. But having the experience of dealing with dead bodies in the past, I did slip a mint or two to suck on before I started. Gum is better, but didn't have any that day. Didn't have a problem getting my hands in though, so was chuffed with myself there. The next thing is can I bring myself to hunt one. Not sure I can do the kill yet. If I had to do it for food, then necessity would win out.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
today was the first time ,..............

i tried to file a grind onto my file knife project,....

hmmmm steeeeeep learning curve,....i may have to change the whole shape of the blade now,..

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Tonight, I'm camping in my bedroom for the first time in 30 years... Sleeping bag, bivi, alchohol stove and horlics :)

I think I'm actually regressing, rather than ageing.

Night, night!

TBL.

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Today was the first time......

i heat treated a blade,...

and it worked,....!!

i hit it with a file and its solid!!!!!

WOOT!!!

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
BLue of course ;) to match the shoes

Seriously , Today was the first time I tried a Merino Base Layer ( in Blue Naturlich) and am now sold on Sheep-Made base layers :)

Last edited:

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Today was the first time I have gone back to work after a week in Scotland after the last time I went back to work after a week in Scotland in June. Does that count?

Sorry, just boasting about a great week of walking in the heavy Scottish rain and drinking too much wine/beer/whiskey*

*delete as appropriate.

Phil_R

Oct 19, 2010
Aberdeenshire
Not much to report today either i'm afraid; just another day at the office.

Yesterday however I walked up into the hills and made a cuppa over a properly-laid fire lit with the fireflash for the first time. ...and I managed not to lose either of the dogs while i was doing it. Well chuffed. :)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Today is the first day i've worn my all wool jacket i bought at the beautiful days festival for the colder weather. i've been wearing either my smock or my fleece up to now. got to say i was roasting when i got into work! alpaca wool ftw.

also today is the first day a national headline story has effected us, i work not far from that gas explosion in salford, one of the lads who works here had his roof cave in on him, he's interviewed on sky news. and another two have called in as their houses have been hit. quite shocking tbh.

v-ness

Oct 9, 2010
on a hill in Scotland
Today is the first time I made Fruit leather!!!! :D

Pumpkin, Apple and Plum with Honey and Cinnamon- Its still in the dehydrator as it isnt quite finished.
The house smells yummy and I've noticed pieces disappearing from the edges.....guess this is another foodstuff that will never see its best before day :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Cheers
Ness :)

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Well not today but sunday at least, was the first time i've made home made yogurt :D used a yog maker which is in essence just a thermos, UHT milk and a large tablespoon of some shop bought.
i'm on my third batch now and i have lovely yogurt every morning with brekkie.

Today however was the first day i've walked to work this year and it was so unbelievably foggy! visibility was about 50yrds. nice walk though, temp was cool at first but i walk warm :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE