Tobacco

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Lycanthrope said:
I hear that..
Not much else though these days old ears not what they were, not much hair left either.... :yikes:
A bald Lycanthrope!! that could be embarrasing :wink: welcome :wave: what tobacco do you like? i prefer the american aromatics, newyork cherry i love :wink:

L

Lycanthrope

Thanks for the welcome..
Funny I've only started smoking a pipe a couple of months ago, decided to do it when I was smoking too many cigarettes, I now actually smoke a lot less and enjoy it a lot more. I've been smoking Clan since I started, I've tried a couple of the other main brands but found them a bit too perfumed for my taste.
We've got a good pipe shop in town and when I get a weekend free I'm going to pop back in and try a few different brands I think. I look out for the one you mentioned.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
sweet mix or peaches and cream are great too, pipes are the best way to enjoy tobacco, as one bowl full can give you enough of a hit for a days worth of ciggys also the nicoteen is absorbed through the cheeks so you dont need to inhale all the nastys as much as ciggys, but we're :offtopic: now n Kim'll kill us :yikes:

L

Lycanthrope

Paganwolf said:
sweet mix or peaches and cream are great too, pipes are the best way to enjoy tobacco, as one bowl full can give you enough of a hit for a days worth of ciggys also the nicoteen is absorbed through the cheeks so you dont need to inhale all the nastys as much as ciggys

Yeah it's all bad really but it's nice to fool myself that smoking a pipe isn't quite so bad.

I'll try the above mentioned smoking products thanks.

I've just bought a new axe today by the way, and a saw blade (I'll improvise a handle for it when I need one) and a whet stone, I've spent a fortune lately on this bushcraft business, what with a knife, new sack, compass, couple of OS maps, Ray Mears "Bushcraft" and "Outdoor Survival Handbook" and Woodcraft by Nessmuk. I've pretty much got the lot now as I already had a load of regular camp stuff like pots and sleeping bags and the like. Now all I'm after is a millbank bag and a tarp and I'm set.....I think......I reckon the more I get into this the less I'll need to carry. I hope anyway my tent weighs a tonne

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Anyone tried "Punch" made in Habana? All i know is it took me an hour to smoke, it was an absolute joy, and it cost be a Bl**dy fiver.

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
I like the black pigstail from the local tobacconist or a nice cuban cigar ( picked up a box on my way back from Amsterdam ).

Tried growing your own? I had decent results last year with growing and curing some burley tobacco, came out a bit powerful though - made me see flickering purple lights until I got use to it, but then you're not supposed to inhale pipe tobacco.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
If you like a cigar try Backwood; black and sweet, available from most good tobacconists they are the most wonderfully smooth sweet cigar almost like smoking a pipe :biggthump

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Realgar said:
Tried growing your own? I had decent results last year with growing and curing some burley tobacco, came out a bit powerful though - made me see flickering purple lights until I got use to it, but then you're not supposed to inhale pipe tobacco.

it is quite legal to grow tobacco for your own consumption

many grew their own in the war when imports were difficult

just a question though, after cutting and drying, dont the tobacco companies wash some out of the tar from the leaves ?

not for cigars obviously but for cigarette tobacco and rolling

Tant

jakunen

Native
South African Cherry used to be my favourite pipe tobacco, really smooth, you can get it in any decent pipe shop. Not smoked for 20 years:smiley-fa now, but whenever I smell it I get a yearning to dig out the old pipe, clean out the spiders and light up...

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I love cuban cigars. I've worked my way through quite a few different brands and sizes now. It is interesting how two sizes from the same brand can be quite different in taste and how they smoke. Some of the best I've had are the limited editions that different brands produce each year.

The main problem is as someone else said if you get too into it they are more expensive than drugs.

Bill

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
tenbears10 said:
The main problem is as someone else said if you get too into it they are more expensive than drugs.

Bill
Bill, they are drugs :eek:):
I love a smoke too but I am amazed this thread hasn't been locked or moderated as its unsuitable for under 16 year olds. :rolmao: :rolmao:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
you mean we aren't discussing medicinal properties of herbs and plants???? :nana:

actually.......... sorry if anyone finds this discussion offensive

in view of all the health warnings associated with tobacco i must say that i am not encouraging people to start using it

it is highly addictive

Tant

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
bushwacker bob said:
I love a smoke too but I am amazed this thread hasn't been locked or moderated as its unsuitable for under 16 year olds. :rolmao: :rolmao:
Smoking is just as harmful for adults as for 'kids'. And no, I don't smoke and don't intend to start. :wink:

Realgar

Nomad
Aug 12, 2004
W.midlands
Yeh, I spoke sporadicaly - give up for months or years and then cave in for a couple of months before guilt/will power kicks in again.
Useful antiseptic though, and insecticide

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
it could also bee mentioned the spiritual properties of tobacco and smoke as an offereing to the creator! :wink:

im a cuban fan also montecristo No.1 being the best smoke!! check out www.tomtom.co.uk (not my site.. wish it was! :eek:): )

smoke st bruno flake in my pipe.. which isnt often!

i plan on getting one of these though!! :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE