"To do list" for over christmas period

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I shall be breaking in a new pair of Lowa Mountain boots that I'm being given for Christmas :D

Got a spoon to finish sanding and then I can oil it.

Hopefully taking my son on a few bimbles as well.

Will sort through my kit and hopefully get rid of some of the items I don't use any longer.

Phil.

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Play around with my new kelly kettle.
Heat some mince meat pies on my open fire, take the tops off and crumble in some stilton cheese!
Walk the dogs in the local woods (a lot)
Sharpen knife and axe properly
Wish everyone on this site a Merry Christmas!
Try some recipes with the Dutch Oven
:)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'm starting a hammock pod project. In speaking to the guys a the Christmas Bushmoot there was reasonable praise for the underquilts but some folk told of cold spots. Hence my homemade pod, will, I hope, eliminate any chance of the weather getting in.
I'm keeping a close eye on steps and costs so I can whack up a tutorial should I think it successful when its finished.

Merry Christmas Everybody

Ogri the trog

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Well, got some bark necklaces to finish,clean my kit, tesy my new down bag out, try my new ultra-light bivvy bag out (hoping for rain) ..... and finish a prototype garment out (design is done .. waiting on fabrics).
And I have a whole two days off.
Neil

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Decorating a room in my new house in preperation for the inlaws coming over Xmas.

I will be opening a big pressie containing a Sabre 45, so I can just about handle the above. ;)

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
being with family, making more leather goodies and .................

OPENING MY BRANTUB PRESENT!!!!! :D - only 11 days to wait! - bet YOU wished you joined in now! :nana:

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Lovely thread idea...

I'm hopefully getting a cast iron pot for Christmas, so I'll be cooking up stews and soups over an open fire.

Practicing my spoon making.

Wintery walks will also feature heavily if all goes to plan ;)

I can't wait!

:red:

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Working Christmas day :( @ double time. :) Off boxing day and cooking a christmas dinner for my son. Planning an awful lot for the new year with my new work patterns. Plan to walk the ridgeway at some stage, loads of sea fishing, studying plants, carving, making stuff, camping etc.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Iv'e two lumps of Oak drying and i'm told i have a crook knife in my stocking, so these are going to become bowls ( starting anyway ! )

Will be taking the Daughter up the hills soon as i see some white on the tops.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Climbing some snowy peaks, boarding down some Scottish hills, testing out my newly made Ray Jardine tarp on the shores of Loch Awe, impressing younger inlaws with new Saami knife, winding up older inlaws by dissing capitalism, winding up tech/bread-head pals by using lo-tech kit (i.e. insisting on using a roycraft packframe). Chilling, trying to stop stressing about school. Entertaining Curly, and maybe scaring spouse by making aforementioned small boy an atl-atl or similar...

Be Merry

N :)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Well, I said I was gonna do a bowl and kuksa over the winter, so I had better get a move on! The bowl is gonna be more of a plate affair, but I need to get cracking with it soon. I think the kuksa is not gonna get done though! :eek:

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
I will be stuck indoors with my extended family trying to look happy while I am thinking of the best ways to fake my own death and escape to the woods. Oh, and I'll probably do a lot of complaining.

B

bushyboo

im hoping to go to the scottish meet and do a bit of fishing
need some time away from family had them all year :aargh4:

W

Wibbl

To do list:
1: Homework
2: Revision
3: Be loved and given pressies :D

Nothing bushcrafty :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE