To Bergen or not to Bergen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester
I must be doing something wrong! I have been doing some trial packing for an event next weekend using the 100 litre Berghaus Vulcan. A bare minimum loadout completely fills it!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I must be doing something wrong! I have been doing some trial packing for an event next weekend using the 100 litre Berghaus Vulcan. A bare minimum loadout completely fills it!

Not necessarily doing anything wrong. Much will do to what kit you own ~ a big, warm, sleeping bag can take up a lot of space as can a bed roll and a tent / shelter. If you're a big lad or lass then any spare clothing will take up more space than if you were a racing snake. The size of cook sets varies massively too ~ do you boil in the bag or cook?

If you're just taking what's required for the event then you're (probably) carrying the correct kit in (probably) the correct sized pack but, on the other hand, if you're concerned that you're taking too much and would like input from others, whack a thread up ;)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

As we get older our requirements go up. My meds take more room than some people's food on an overnighter.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE