Titanium Spork?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spork and Titanium Spork

• Have a plastic one

Votes: 101 33.7%
  • Have a titanium one

Votes: 74 24.7%
  • Have Both

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • Sorry, they're in the 'pointless gadget' category for me.

Votes: 52 17.3%
  • KFS sets all the way

Votes: 16 5.3%
  • Whats a Sprok??

Votes: 5 1.7%

• Total voters

Jaysurfer

Settler
Dec 18, 2008
Somerset, UK
I have two 'Light my fire' sporks, 1 Titanium and 1 plastic.
If it is light cooking/eating I'll take my plastic one but if i am going extremely light weight and for more than a night i will take my Titanui Spork - a bit more robust and prefer it if i am honest (but this is probably cos in the back of my head i now it cost about 5 times as much as the plastic spork lol)

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I'll send you some of my wifes cooking, its tough even on the titanum sporks.

how the hell do you break one of these by eating or using it to cook with?
use one all the time, highly recommend them.
lightmyfire_spork.jpg

Dec 16, 2007
Now the beauty of the light my fire plastic spork is that you can take it onto planes (it dont make the machine go ping and you would be laughed at trying to take over a plane with a spork) and is better to eat with than the KFS in the dog food they serve.

I also have a snow peak titanium spork and with the right length of para cord on it you can tie it to the loops in the top right hand pocket of your combat jaket so if anyone has a plate of scoff near by you are well within your rights to a spoon full and if only lumps you can stab a bit.
In my army days this was known as the racing spoon rule.

Spoon boy to Neo "Do not try to bend the spork; that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth: There is no spork."

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Must admit I am adding a light my fire to my EDC. For the metal machines, to replace my fork, and spoon.

I like my small(They fit in mess tin) old fashioned knife fork and spoon set.

Quark

Apr 25, 2007
norway
this must be one of the best pointless things to bring on at trip... I've just ordered one myself. :lmao:
(pointless in the sence that a wooden or plastik spoon is just as usefull and much cheaper.)
Have a 10 years old plastik spoon, must be one of my oldest outdoor thingies....
Allso I use chopstiks often, don't weigh much, since I make them and toss them as needed...

/Martin

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
this must be one of the best pointless things to bring on at trip... I've just ordered one myself. :lmao:
(pointless in the sence that a wooden or plastik spoon is just as usefull and much cheaper.)
Have a 10 years old plastik spoon, must be one of my oldest outdoor thingies....
Allso I use chopstiks often, don't weigh much, since I make them and toss them as needed...

/Martin

You need these...........http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16303&category_id=253 :D :D

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Lol, in millets this weekend mooching around with the little one in tow. finally decided on the light my fire spork, i mean its £1.99 fcol why not eh? sommat to eat with and it saves me starving to death whilst i'm trying to whittle my first spoon..
anyhoo stood in line just mooching around at stuff and finally get to the till and the clerk was like "do you want some £150 boots to go with that?"
non-plussed i said no thanks i've got my spork, he commented that i'd been stood in line for half an hour (more like 10 mins) just for that.
hey a good spork is worth the wait you know?
pete

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A bloody titanium spork!?
Jeesh...I wish I had the money to waste like some of you. But, on consideration, I think I'll stick with my quota of common-sense in preference.
A plastic spork does the job perfectly well for me.
Titanium sporks...:rolleyes:

Mine's irridescant pink :D :cool:

cheers,
Toddy......... the inner girlie needs out sometimes ;)

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Can't say I'm too impressed with the LMF sporks: they're too short to reach the bottom of compo meals and one broke in my water bottle pouch :-(. I've replaced with an old plastic spoon from a picnic set from Sainsburys (I think).

Still, I got a pack of four of them and the three remaining ones are scattered around my kit. The plastic is good for non-stick pans/mugs.

I prefer my MSR Titan Tool Spoon though, it's a true multi-tool. I've attached some accessory cord which can either go around my neck or be wrapped around the handle.

I agree that titanium stuff is over-expensive: that's why I'm lucky that all my titanium stuff has been given to me as gifts.

Claudiasboris

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Does no one use chopsticks?

I am think of getting one of those little kits from ebay. A spoon, fork, and screw togeather chopsticks.

A lot of lightweight hikers use them to cook with, and eat with. Not sure about the eating bit, but for cooking makes some sense.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Does no one use chopsticks?

I am think of getting one of those little kits from ebay. A spoon, fork, and screw togeather chopsticks.....

When you get the screw together chopsticks, if you very carefully drill through the centre of them, you'll have........screw together drinking straws........which you can also use as ultralight chopsticks! (o:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE