Titanium Cup for Nalgene bottle...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
....Please!

To elaborate, I own a couple of the 1 litre Nalgene wide mouth bottles.
I use a very lightweight plastic cup at the moment, but was thinking of getting a SS cup which fits onto the bottle to save space. I thought it would be nice to have a metal one so that I have an emergency option for boiling water (albeit a tiny one) but I do hate the weight of Stainless steel.
Does anybody know if any of the titanium mugs on the market fit nicely over a Nalgene?

Many thanks

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
Thank you very much! I love this forum
I don't suppose anyone out there has this combo? (Alpkit mug and nalgene bottle) Would be nice to see the fit.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
Hi Rain Man.

I recently got an Alpkit MyTi Mug to go with a Nalgene bottle. The bottle fits inside easily, perhaps a little too easily as the mug is slightly wider. The difference is less than a centimetre but it does prevent the snug fit provided by the stainless mugs that are made to fit the Nalgenes. I've been considering popping some elastic band (ranger bands sound manlier, though) around the bottle to see if it will fill the space and add some friction. Sorry but I don't have pics yet.

Using the mug with the bottle also prevents easy carriage/storage of the mug's lid. I've currently left it in the mesh stuffsack that the mug came with and lark-footed the drawstring around the Nalgene's plastic loop.

The mugs are nice though and can be used for cooking/boiling.

Cheers,
Claudiasboris

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
Thank you for the info, I'm not sure I'd take the lid with me anyway. Just want something to drink out of. I will only use it to boil water if I've stripped down very light and just taken my water bottle and cup, and then got myself lost far from camp and needed a warm drink. Not very likely. But you never know.

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
I use a Ti-lite mug with mine ( Link ), it's a perfect fit.

P1010153.jpg

Rain man

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2006
London
Superb thank you. I knew there must have been a company to do it. And I've been thinking of getting their 1.3ltr pot too. Loving Vargo atm! :)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I use the Vargo Ti-lite with my nalgene. The lid goed into the base of the mesh bag with the pot on top and the bottle in it. The sdame mesh bag then fits around the neck of the 1l nalgene bottle and using the drawcord holds it all together in a neat package. You can even drink the water while it is packaged up like this.

Personally I've only used the Ti-lite pot as a pot and since then have switched back to a very light Al pot. Personally I prefer a low and wide pot for use on a meths burner with wide flame jets. My AGG cookset pot (3cups or 750ml) is less than 100g compared to the heavy 125g my Ti-Lite pot weighs. With my 36g stove and windshield and reflector I can brew up in about 8 minutes from emptying the stuff out of my bag. Not bad for a meths burner. For less than 200g I get a decent, fast brew kit. As far as the water carrying goes, either scoop and go or take a flexible flask instead.

As far as a lid goes you can always use cooking foil. Just cut a piece a little bigger than the pot and fold it down the sides. You can also use Al or Ti foil that is thicker to make up a lghter lid. PBL-UK do some as windshield kit in Al and go onto some outdoors forums there are some ppl who have bought a batch of Ti foil and are selling off the excess to recoup the cost.

Back to the topic the Ti-Lite pot from vargo with the mesh stuff sack is made for the nalgene 1l bottle (widemouthed).

Nonsuch

Life Member
Sep 19, 2008
Scotland, looking at mountains
I have the Alpkit Ti mug with a standard Nalgene. I solved the loose fit issue by wrapping about a metre of duct tape round the base of the Nalgene bottle, and now it's a very snug fit (won't fall off at all). Extremely useful to have the duct tape always with you as an emergency resource anyway, so all in all a good solution

I don't bother with the lid.

NS

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
DOn't have a loose fit problem as I use the mesh bag to hold it all together. It grips the neck of the nalgene well with mine with the lid at the bottom of the bag with the handle pointing downwards. You can always replace the handle to make it flat.

I've stopped using the Ti-Lite as it takes longer than my lighter Al pot ofthe same capacity to boil water. Which makes sense. It also means I don't take my nalgene anymore, especially since my steripen gave up the ghost so quickly. I no longer need the wide mouth to swirl the steripen around in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE