titan windproof smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
No experience of them but they look a bargain for £20 delivered

I'm tempted to get one just to try at that price.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've got one.
They're quite good.
Not waterproof, even when treated, but a decent outdoors smock with a very well designed hood.
Definitely worth the money.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I've one, and it is well worth the money, spend an extra fiver on some waterproofing, like nicwax for cotton, and you're sorted. Not water proof but good enough for all but the heavest of rain showers, warm and wind proof, I think it's just a tad heavy when soaked, but I didn't get cold even when wet.

Erik1

Dec 13, 2009
Norway
I have been looking for something less bulky than my parka and Swedish smock, preferably a Norrona jacket, for the coldest nights by the fire. Then I discovered this thread, and ordered the Titan instead. Has anyone tried proofing it with the Fjallraven Greenland wax?

I am looking forward to testing this in the forest this winter.
E

dozzer

Forager
Jun 24, 2010
dundee
thanks for all the replys, looks like i will have to buy one! even if i dont wear it all that often i cant complain for 20 quid!

Does anyone know if the nikwax cotton proof works well with the smock?

thanks again

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
thanks for all the replys, looks like i will have to buy one! even if i dont wear it all that often i cant complain for 20 quid!

Does anyone know if the nikwax cotton proof works well with the smock?

thanks again
It did with mine, waterproofed it twice, and keeps me dry even in light to mod showers.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Here's me wearing mine
jillswedding2004.jpg

I've just made fire by friction on one of Patrick's bushcraft courses.
That was in March (I think) and I was wearing the smock for the whole weekend with a wooly pully underneath for insulation.

Last edited:

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I had a look at these a while back in an angling shop after hearing about them on here ,they surely cant be windproof ,i held it up to the light and could see through it .

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
cheers for that, i usually have a xl but am tall but reg build, so might go for the 2xl also. they haven't got any green left just red blue black, yours looks good i take it thats a blue one? did you have a logo on the front of yours?
I think I got an XXL.
I'd say order a size larger than you need to allow for layering.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE