Tis' only polite to introduce oneself!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I thought I'd better say hello before I start posting on the forums. It's only polite after all. My name is Eric and I live in Durham, some fifteen miles south of Newcastle upon Tyne for those not into geography.

I'm married to Val and have a grown daughter and two grandchildren who love bushcraft and all things outdoorsy.

I started with bushcraft and primitive skills in the army. That was back in 1966 when it wasn't fashionable and I've been doing it in some form or another ever since.

To make a living I work with greenwood. I make english longbows and wooden practice swords. I also make reproduction medieval furniture that sells well to reenactors. Here's me at my pole lathe.

picture9.jpg

I also make day to day rustic garden furniture and I have a charcoal kiln that converts all the bits of wood I can't use for anything else into charcoal for the barbie market.

That's it for the moment. I don't want to bore anyone. I'm so pleased I found this place though.

Eric

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's great to have you Eric, it sounds like there's a lot to learn from you ;) If you have any questions then ask away, there's usually someone that knows the answer :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Welcome aboard mate..... Longbows aye..... your going to fit right in on here... and have alot of friends with lots of questions :D

Enjoy the forums

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE