Tiny candle for the kit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

badawg

Apr 7, 2010
California
We all can use a quick access candle for fire lighting or just warm light in the campsite Here is one example of using trash to make a nice one.
I made this one tonight as a prototype.

"Altoid smalls" boxes are tiny and cool, but I have had a hard time finding suitable uses for them. I eat a lot of mints and just hate to throw the boxes away. I also have a bag full of partially melted Tealight candles is just taking space. So I decided to combine the two useless items and make something useful.

First I setup a sterno stove and 2 standard Altoids cans up.

then I peeled the foil off several Tea lights and trimmed off the edges of two, squaring them up to fit inside the mini altoids can.I trimmed off a piece of the foil and blocked up the hinges in the mini can. I then jammed the 2 trimmed candles into the can and set it on a level surface

Then I cut up 2 more and dumped all pieces into a can. I added alcohol to the other big can and lit the stove.

I then melted the wax and poured it into the can to fill in all the space. I did this in two pours to fill all gaps and top off the candle. I have a bag full of these cans so I m going to make a bunch of them.

Pardon the pics, difficulty Iphone...

23j1l4m.jpg

Sterno Stove

f2tyk3.jpg

With Mini Bic

slohex.jpg

Voila!

badawg

Apr 7, 2010
California
I will let you know in a few days. the big ones last forever, but this is new. there is about 3 1/2 tealights in there though.

armie

Life Member
Jul 10, 2009
The Netherlands
Lavender has a calming effect, mint will make you more alert.
This is why keeping lavender sprigs in your car is discouraged, but mint is a good idea.

badawg

Apr 7, 2010
California
Hey guys, I went 4 hours last night and it's barely touched. This may very well turn out to be a good kit candle that takes no space. WAY better than the tealights!

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Thgis is one of those threads where you see a good, clever, simple idea that all of us can do which is why I love BCUK. I am off to buy me some mint tins tommorw as I have a bag of old tealights that have sat around for too long.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE