Tickets?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 25, 2010
UK
Hello guys! This is my first post on here.

I am a bit confused about outdoor tickets for Bustcraft teachers/instructors. Is there a recognised body that awards quals? How does it all work?

BTW, this totally goes against my whole philosophy concerning wilderness sports and skills... I personaly don't think it is possible to quantify such things. For me tickets are hoops to jump through & they hopefully keep people safe. :)

If anyone knows about this stuff I woudl love to know!

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
Hello Lizzie and :welcome1:,

I don't know about outdoor tickets but, from what I understand most if not all of the outdoor/bushcraft/survival schools offer there own instructor training and certification.

There is also the Institute of Outdoor Learning that has started to offer a certification called 'The IOL Foundational Bushcraft Competency Certificate (FBC)' that is the only one I know of that is offered by any body other than a outdoor/bushcraft/survival schools. I don't really know how well recognised or valued it is either.
Here a link for the IOL http://www.outdoor-learning.org/membership/bushcraft_survival_sig.htm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE