Ti/Nalgene set

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
Hi folks
Looking for a similar set up to my current '58 bottle/Crusader Cup/'85 cup in a PLCE pouch which is being slowly stolen by my son. Is there a Titanium mug/pot that will fit under a Nalgene bottle with another mug/pot on top? I've been looking at MSR and Snowpeak but sizes get confusing.
Thanks

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
My Showpeak 700 mug/pot fits on the 1L Nalgene bottle, but I cannot advise about another that fits over this combo.

The Snowpeak 700 comes with a lid too. Here is mine with a portion of the lid in view....

SnowPeakDP.jpg

I stole Hoodoo's picture....because it is far more informative.

snowpeak1b.jpg

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
I've got a snowpeak 900 in non-stick. It fits over the top of the Trek 700. I haven;t heard of a system that encloses the nalgene completely. The snow peak system is like russian dolls.

The If you put the 700 inside the 900 it can then sit 3/4 of the way into a Zebra 12cm billy. There's enough room at the bottom for a few brillio pads and a chopped up packtowel for drying. Also when the 900 is not housing a trek 700 and nalgene, The Trek 900 houses a gas canister and mini gas stove. Very compact indeed! Just wish it was all in titanium.

dchinell

Tenderfoot
Oct 11, 2004
Sarasota, Florida, USA
I know of two other mug/pot candidates that fit on the bottom of a nalgene bottle.

One is a lidded titanium mug or pot made by Vargo:

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/vargo_titanium_mug.html

One is a large stainless steel mug made by Olicamp:

http://www.campmor.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?productId=9738452&memberId=12500226

If anyone knows of a similar rig that will fit over the bottom of a standard [?] one-liter soda pop bottle, I'd like to hear about it.

Bear

Raz

Nomad
Sep 3, 2003
all over
I didn't understand you wanted a system that encompasses both the top and bottom. I've edited my post to reflect that.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
1lt Nalgene bottles fit inside the MSR titan pot but not flush you would need quite a bit of padding to stop it rattling about.

the snowpeak have a smaller internal diameter than the MSRs so they may be more sutiable

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I have 2--700mL SnowPeak mugs. They can be double stacked on a 1L Nalgene bottle (without the lid lanyard) with about 2 cm of "airspace".

My 600mL SnowPeak fits nicely (snug) into the 700mL mug but of course will then not nest with the Nalgene.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Thanks for posting that pic Schwert. :) It would have taken me awhile to find it. That set up rides nicely in my day pack. Gonna get a lot of use this summer.

It fits in the mesh pocket on the outside of the pack.

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
I've found a solution folks. A nalgene bottle, a Snowpeak 700 and these. I've went for the picnic set so I will have spares for everone else. I think they are a fantastic design, cheap and well thought out. A bowl and mug fit in between the Nalgene and Ti pot. Perfect.

quiggers

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2004
East Stratton
I'm really tempted by the SnowPeak Trek 700 - but do people use them for food as well as drink ?

If so what are they like for retaining food flavours, as I'm partial to tinned mackerel and have ruined many a good pan with the fish flavour :eek:

Also, to link another thread - have people used them with the pepsi can stoves as they look the perfect light-weight setup.

cheers..

Q.

Wk19_MiniBull.jpg

That's a Snowpeak 700 with a soda can stove. I used it this past weekend to make myself a cup of coffee. 1oz. of denatured alcohol is enough to bring the water to a rolling boil for a few minutes--plenty of time and heat for coffee.

I can fit the fuel bottle, lighter, soda can stove, oatmeal, coffee, and boullion cubes inside the cup and still fit the lid on.

quiggers

Tenderfoot
Aug 6, 2004
East Stratton
yep - that looks like the ideal setup, thanks for the pic brian, what's it like with flavours and cleaning ? As I'm thinking of replacing my teflon crusader?

Cheers

I've noticed no flavors remaining in the cup. It's been used for coffee, tea, Ramen, and some rice now and again.

Cleaning has been a breeze. Normally I just put some water in it, give it a swish or two, and all the goodies come right out. A final wipe with a towel and the whole rig is ready to load into the pack again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE