Ti Goat - Ti chimney kettle and Mkettle controversy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Hey anyone been on Tigoat website lately. They are taking pre-orders on a Ti, aluminium and carbon fibre chiney kettle (woodburning water boiler thingy).

There was something about a UK manufacturer alegedly copying a similar product from someone who was designing one and posting his progress online. That person was close to starting to sell it commercially when Mkettle came onto the market with a similar design just before. Apparently a lot of americans and few Brits got annoyed as it was allegedly a rip off.

Anyway Tigoat has something about that on their website as they stock it in USA. So what do they do they desing a Ti based similar product and are offering it as a pre-order only. lightest of its class of products.

Anyway would anyone be interested in a lightweight version of this type of product? If you are I think the idea is you pre-order and if enough do that then they actually make it. I know a lot of you guys like volcano stoves and kelly kettles. I think this is just an UL version of those.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If they sorted out the naff pouring spout and the unstable base then I might entertain one, to be honest though I don't really see the point of trying to make a lightweight version of something as big as the mkettle. I think it's hard to beat a Bushbuddy if you want something compact and lightweight and which actually works well, even those little folding Ti stove are too small for burning wood in. I think the Ghillies, Kelly's and MKettles are great for base camping or short day walks but you wouldn't want to hike with one for very long. I really like my KK but it only goes on day walks and canoe trips, to make a Ti version kind of defeats the point for me really.
I expect a Ti version of the mkettle will sell really really well, not for me though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE