Throwing Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ah, that could be a problem; I have a dodgy right elbow from starting petrol tools :)

Maybe a knife throwing workshop for us beginners?

Yeah, that's very doable, there's few people at the Moot that are very good at throwing...

Just a basic bench grinder and a belt sander :) - I've burnt out my angle grinder (time to buy a cordless Makita one :) )

Yes, that's going to be my next makita purchase, I got hold of a multitool the other day, amazing to have a cordless one! I've got quite a few batteries from years of makita cordless tools.

To match them, drill two holes through the handle and clamp it all together as one lump with the drill bits still in place - profile to shape as a big mass.

Ahh, I like your thinking, what a huge lump of metal that will be!!

Forager
Sep 25, 2013
Scotland
www.instagram.com
On another note, what's the best way to harden the tips a bit, just blow torch and quench?
It would depend on the steel but a good basic benchmark would be to heat it with a torch until it no longer attracts a magnet, and then quench in oil. Just the tip though as you say, and this should give you a rudimentary differential heat treat. You'll probably see "temper" colours between the hardened area and the softer shock absorbing are that wasn't in the quench.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE