Three from Luss

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Intrigued with that comment Brancho, care to expand?

Pete11

Pete I hope you don't mind this but please ignore it if you wish. What did you process these with?

The last shot shows it the most IMO.
The first works quite as the light I OK. The second is OK light I suppose.

That third shot had fairly flat light and has had to be pushed and pulled quite hard to achieve that level of contrast. The image has suffered because of that.

Here are some examples

A bright sunny day that gives a nice sharp image with reasonable contrast and tonal range. The sky has a bit much noise but I would sort that if I did it now

View over buttermere B&W by alf.branch, on Flickr

Terrible flat light and the image has suffered from the processing and IMO now I would not bother doing much with this shot now but 3 years ago I tried it really was a matter of go back again later for me at least.

View over crummock water by alf.branch, on Flickr

These things are all a matter of opinion and taste though of course and you carry on with what you are happy with as I suspect my comments are a little harsh really.

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Cheers Brancho

Thanks for coming back mate. Not harsh at all, the last has been over processed, even has horrendous chromatic aberration ! It was L5 that was used.

I was intrigued about why you thought it was not done this way for mono, thats all. Seemed a strange statement , well to me anyway ! I knew at time of taking these that I would display them as mono, and push the line on contrast. The third just fell off the cliff, lol.

Pete

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Cheers Brancho

Thanks for coming back mate. Not harsh at all, the last has been over processed, even has horrendous chromatic aberration ! It was L5 that was used.

I was intrigued about why you thought it was not done this way for mono, thats all. Seemed a strange statement , well to me anyway ! I knew at time of taking these that I would display them as mono, and push the line on contrast. The third just fell off the cliff, lol.

Pete

Well at least they were taken with mono in mind then. I viewed the last full size and it does have some bat artifacts in the sky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE