Three axes...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Ah now those two are nice - I missed out on one of those on ebay a while back.

The eyes on the ones I have are narrower than these though the side profile is very similar.

The head on yours is back to front Stuart.

They look great - like little splitting maul/hatchet with that armor cladding.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Hmmm, a bit odd but I guess someone removed it at some point & put it back the wrong way - possibly not realising.

i had the same thought so gave it a try, nope, the eye is way too asymetrical (spl?), maybe the bloke who put it together in the first place was just having an off day.

cheers

stuart

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
Hedgehog, Just love the Kent, your work is insparational

Re: The axes with the metal insert, could it be that they're supposed to knock down like a pickaxe ?
As I've seen (and used) full sized picks with that kind of sleave..... for that matter the British Entrenching tool (the short one with the mattock/pick head) is like that.

If that is what they are then you're looking at something really easy to pack

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Thanks for the kind comments chaps, much appreciated.

Heath - All my Ash was cut last winter, split into billets & has been stored indoors ever since. These handles were carved green months ago (to about 80% done) allowed to season & finished. The ones I am starting on now are very dry so harder going.

If I get more this winter I think I'll work on getting them all worked further before storing/seasoning.

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Hmmm,a pity indeed - a fair few billets i there I'd imagine.

The trees these came from were around 30". Still, I got about 20 billets split in various sizes up to 50"long & 3 8' sections for bows (if I ever get round to that).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE