Thistle and Sheep Spoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I've recently had a few weeks holiday in Bonny Scotland, and before I went away I asked my two nephews if there was anything they would like me to bring back for them. One of them asked for a spoon, as he has stated his intention to collect a spoon from every European country. The other one asked for something sheep related, as his favourite animals are sheep and lambs. He tends to get a little upset when I suggest that a lamb jigsaw puzzle is available on many supermarket fresh meat counters.

Anyway, I always take away some carving tools, and having found a suitable piece of sycamore, I decided to carve these.

Thistle spoon by Alan Muddypaws, on Flickr

Sheep spoon by Alan Muddypaws, on Flickr

I'm not sure if they will appreciate these one of a kind souvenir Scottish spoons, but my mum went into one of the touristy shops and got a rather handsome souvenir spoon (probably made in China), and some Walkers Shortbread Sheep, so either way the boys ought to be happy.

Thanks for looking.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Ha ha, that's cool, I especially like the sheep, although that's probably the easier of the two!!

Thanks for sharing them, great to see people's crafting! goodjob

Reactions: Muddypaws

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE