Teaspoons

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
I've been using up some small offcuts of sycamore. These were bits cut off when preparing blanks for the pole lathe, which were too small to be turning blanks themselves (I don't do finesse on my lathe)

As it happens, I was needing a lightweight teaspoon for a brew kit I am putting together, so I ended up carving these. Plus a tiny spatula/spreader, so as not to waste a very thin offcut.

Little Spoons1 by Alan Muddypaws, on Flickr

Little Spoons 2 by Alan Muddypaws, on Flickr

Little Spoons 3 by Alan Muddypaws, on Flickr

The wood has been sitting in my "won't throw it away because it might come in handy one day" pile, so was quite dry, and therefore quite hard on the hands, but not too bad.

Obviously one doesn't need a spoon to stir tea; a clean stick will do, but the truth is that I like making spoons. Maybe one day I'll be as good as some others on this forum!

Thanks for looking.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice, very nice indeed :D

I use tacky wax, it comes off clean from fabrics, paper, etc.,

Hear ? did you know that the white blutack is the same stuff as the expensive stuff that is used to settle cooker hobs into worktops ? So I was told last week anyway.
Heck of a price difference if it's true.

Sorry Muddypaws, :oops: Really nice spoonage though :D

Reactions: Muddypaws

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Brilliant job, glad someone else uses bluetack to keep things in place for the photo
Ah yes! But I have never seen the blu-tack in any of your photos. Which goes to show that I could learn a thing or two from you about quality photography of my work!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Nice spoons, and although you're right about stirring tea with a stick it's just not the same feeling as a spoon, eh?

Reactions: Muddypaws

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE