This years Moot and who's going

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Well SWMBO has just given me the ok to go to the Moot, but who else is going?
It's a long old trek for me and to be fair I don't know anyone. Also I don't have all the gear I need, so if
I go out today and invest in the gear I need am I gonna enjoy myself or feel out of place.

So who's going and how long for.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Johnnyboy,
don't go spending loads of money on things that you won't need - get the basics covered and the rest, you'll be able to make, swap or trade for once you get there - you'll get plenty of chances to try other peoples gear or discuss at length about the things you'll really need - all before parting with your cash!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Johnnyboy,
don't go spending loads of money on things that you won't need - get the basics covered and the rest, you'll be able to make, swap or trade for once you get there - you'll get plenty of chances to try other peoples gear or discuss at length about the things you'll really need - all before parting with your cash!

ATB

Ogri the trog

The bits I need are
Tent. Thinking about a Vango Banshee
Cooking gear. New Billy and frying pan.

Other than that some food and water and should be able to cope.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi johnnyboy i will be there for the duration to with the big labowski come and say hello i will have my tilley hat on with the bcuk badge on the side regards dave:lmao::welcome1:

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Don't go spending on a tent yet. Just get a cheap builder's tarp from B&Q. I've got three cast iron frying pans, two of which I'll be selling. There'll be plenty of people who can help you out with stuff so you can see what works and what doesn't.

You will enjoy yourself, and NO you won't feel out of place. You'll love it - guaranteed!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Tengu thinks SHE has lots to sell?
Check out the goodies I have got for you lucky punters!
Including stuff I said I would never sell (times is ard Jim Lad!)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Here we go :D Keep it for the event guys and girls, no presales and hyping up the people to a frenzy and Tengu, no half cucumber or found in the bushes when you arrive beer kegs!!

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Thanks guys for the advice.
Well got a couple of bits sorted so I'm just about ready to get my gear together.
Next thing is to sort some food out. But what the hell do I take.

Looking forward to meeting you all

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Tengu thinks SHE has lots to sell?
Check out the goodies I have got for you lucky punters!
Including stuff I said I would never sell (times is ard Jim Lad!)

689d3729.jpg

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
I'll be there.

If it weren't for having to transport 18 very smelly wool blankets from the group buy I would have offered a lift. I suspect this is going to be a very long and lonely journey :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE