This one's special!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jon Mawer

Forager
May 2, 2006
Taunton, Somerset
Aaah, the old british army jack knife! I have the civilian version of that without the bakerlite scales, and an RAF lock knife without the marlin spike. Check the RM website for pics. There is also a navy version without the tin opener and with grey scales, but they can be expensive!

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Here is different version of the shackle key on a modern boat knife.

The knife in Hoodoo’s photo has a smaller shackle key but that’s not a problem as larger shackles usually have a hole in the head of the pin and once the pin is too large to fit the shackle key, the marlin spike tip is used in the hole to provide greater turning force.

However Hoodoo’s knife is quite special. Its only when I took out my yellow knife and noticed its (separate) screwdriver wedge did I realize that the open shackle key on Hoodoo’s knife can be used as a normal screwdriver and a slotted screwdriver as well!

Quite a versatile multi-tool Hoodoo - 5 functions on one blade, 6 if you count the “fork”.

Ash

Hoodoo said:
marlinspike1b.jpg

I

DSCN0952.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE