This is really taking the mickey!!!!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
People sometimes buy things just to own and look at. Some stove collectors (especially Japanese collectors) will happily pay hundreds of pounds for a rare mint condition stove but would never dream of lighting them

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Hello Fella's

I do tend to agree with some of the statements posted here, but lets face it once one has a name like RM and its a name that a lot of military personell like myself will be glad to of heard of, within the great help that Ray has done for some of our very survival over the years.
Ray is a swell guy, he is only doing his job to remind us all of what has been done before, some of his techniques were done by us whilst on many exercices when he was a small boy, but he is right none the less, you will of watched most of his programs and learned many of the things he has shown for free.

Someone said a boycott, what a stupid statement, that won't bother Ray maybe Allan so why the nastyness, its Allan's living you will be hurting, there are those who are jealous for sure, RM uses whatever knife whenever he likes, lost sales of the Woodlore won't make any diference to him, things must be working though because he is always out of stock.

Why not instead of banging on about this knife, don't you try making your own, there are many instructional videos out there of how to do it, here is one to have a look at below, if you have either a coal fire and or a wood burning stove you don't need the outdoor furness
that Pete uses,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ysKd1cswlo

Davy Stephenson.

If you took notice of my later post you'd have seen I articulated, thought and amended my previous posts. I have no jealousy for Ray, nor do I oppose him. I just beleive that selling knives at that price goes beyond the spirit and meaning of bushcraft and is purely for capital greed and profit - we're not talking about 100 quids worth of knife here...

Im not trying to influence people or tell them what to do, Im just saying my piece as everyone else can.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think the biggest problem to get my head around is the difference between the knife as one of the best tools mankind has ever developed, and the knife as made by and promoted by and recommended by and sold by ??? for £££???? :eek: .

It's like coin collectors; they want the mint issue, unused, pristine and perfect piece whereas most of us would rather they were more readily available in our pockets :rolleyes: and aren't that bothered by a bit of wear and tear and use.

Personally I think the money being spent on these knives is silly, but if folks think they'll make it back, with interest, then they'll speculate.....wish they'd picked something else though.

cheers,
Toddy

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Personally I think the money being spent on these knives is silly, but if folks think they'll make it back, with interest, then they'll speculate.....wish they'd picked something else though.

cheers,
Toddy

I think that this is the nub of the matter. Well said, Toddy.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE