Thinking of getting a Tipi?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
That's a bargain, a lot like my Belltent more than a Tipi so a bit more space, get Frontier stove in there and you're laughing :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Only 12ft diameter, but high sidewalls make a lot of difference to usable space.....

Separate fly would make a really nice shelter on its own!

streetcleaner

Nov 17, 2009
lancashire
I used these when I was in scouts 20 years ago... (didnt think it was that long) they are a great tent with the tunnel at the back... only problem I remember was as it has a attached groundsheet it used to collect mud and rubbish... small issue for a great tent... Conquest i believe are no longer as we looked at getting these a few years ago for our troop.. Conquest also made a two man ridge tent not to different from a force 10!!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Only 12ft diameter, but high sidewalls make a lot of difference to usable space.....

Separate fly would make a really nice shelter on its own!

I bet they'd warm up nicely with a wood burner at lower levels too, I wonder how weather proof they are without the fly?

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Only nine left Rik. You'd better decide quickly or it'll be out of your hands. That looks a beaut, but of course I don't need another tent.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
At the price, I think the Bergen lavvo looks as good a deal for a new tent although without the porch or groundsheet... Tis interesting though :)

Chalk and cheese, Sal - the Conquest is heavy-duty cotton/canvas - don't think you'd want to back-pack that one!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I have the funds but also have far more tents than I'll use now my camping days are coming to an end, the wife would go ballistic...even got an un-lit Swedish army woodburner still in the box......I dare not buy.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
16kgs seems light for such a large cotton canvas tent

Guess its all relative! My Seekoutside tipi is 15ft 10" diameter, 8'6" tall and weighs 3kg. But to be fair, you have a point - compared to a 4metre bell tent - weighing about 22kg, the 16kg seems pretty respectable.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
I used these when I was in scouts 20 years ago... (didnt think it was that long) they are a great tent with the tunnel at the back... only problem I remember was as it has a attached groundsheet it used to collect mud and rubbish... small issue for a great tent... Conquest i believe are no longer as we looked at getting these a few years ago for our troop.. Conquest also made a two man ridge tent not to different from a force 10!!

A lot of us bought conquest medina ridge tents on ebay not so long ago on this thread

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102109

Rik, you are now officially "evil" :).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE