things that hurt more than they should

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
I've just dropped a lightweight paperback onto my bare toe. It really flipping hurt! (it was Mears essential Bushcraft BTW)

It's just like those loose bits of skin next to fingernails, that hurts too much too.

What is the most painful trivial injury you've had?

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
You know those single spot lego pieces?Try one underfoot in the early hours of the morning on the way to the loo.

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Well I was on my way to this party...medieval fancy dress, and I was just crossing this bridge when this idiot went and lopped my arm off. Twas but a scratch but it didn't half smart :D

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Kneeling on Subuteo players

Paper cuts

Picking your nose after chopping fresh chillies

One inch splinter under a thumb nail

Headbutting the corner of a radiator after falling down the stairs unhurt.

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Well I was on my way to this party...medieval fancy dress, and I was just crossing this bridge when this idiot went and lopped my arm off. Twas but a scratch but it didn't half smart :D

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Anything that goes under your finger nail, man that hurts.

In my welding days, in the cold weather, if your fingers slipped off the edge of a piece of cold steel, that was possibly the worst pain a human could experience, including childbirth which I believe is overdone.:pokenest:

Lordyosch

Forager
Aug 19, 2007
Bradford, UK
Kneeling on Subuteo players

Paper cuts

Picking your nose after chopping fresh chillies

One inch splinter under a thumb nail

Headbutting the corner of a radiator after falling down the stairs unhurt.

I agree on subutteo but the radiator thing, that really should hurt lots!

How about stepping on a plug?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Lego in the dark :(

However, you know those wee computer chips ? The ones with two rows of wee sharp pins.........last look in on the boys just before I went to bed and I stepped on one, sitting pins up, with the very edge of my foot. All sixteen pins right into my foot :eek: Oh that was sore. Pulling it out was worse. Slippy with blood we needed to get pliers to pull it out. They never, ever, left half built computers on the floor again !

cheers,
Toddy

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Lego in the dark :(

However, you know those wee computer chips ? The ones with two rows of wee sharp pins.........last look in on the boys just before I went to bed and I stepped on one, sitting pins up, with the very edge of my foot. All sixteen pins right into my foot :eek: Oh that was sore. Pulling it out was worse. Slippy with blood we needed to get pliers to pull it out. They never, ever, left half built computers on the floor again !

cheers,
Toddy
Cyborg Toddy!!:eek:

S

scott mcmillan

having "deep heat" on your hand , then scratch a private part without thinking about it !!!.
even water dosnt make it stop !!!!

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
things that hurt more than they should

Childminding my friends two little
angel-smiley-5110.gif
aged two and four!

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
Coming in drunk falling asleep on you arm on the couch waking up some hours later and try to use your dead arm to support you up and drop on the floor in a wild panic as to where your arm went!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Two that spring to mind are stepping on a dressmakers pin,
which was stood dangerous end up on a deep pile carpet - it went into my heel right up to the head.
Next was getting a big splinter under my kneecap - I recall sitting on the draining board with the cold tap running over my knee to numb it before Dad set-to with a pair of pliers.

There are others worthy of mention but that will do for now.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE