These people..surplusandadventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Antonia

Greetings folks

May I ask if anyone has any info on the reliability of these people? I sent them money for a new ruck sack a few weeks ago. It has not yet arrived and I am unable to get through to then on the phone.

http://www.surplusandadventure.com/

Regards

Antonia

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Taken from their website, heh heh;

Our aim is to constantly update every aspect of our Surplus & Adventure business.

If only. Hope it works out for you...

A

Antonia

Oh Frack ! thats all I need :(

Well, if my snugpak rocket pack does not arrrive by my holiday in a couple of weeks, I shall inform my Barclaycard.
Fingers crossed.

Regards

Antonia

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
we should have a warning sign come up when anyone attempts to buy of this site regards dave

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Am I right in thinking that another firm called "Surplus and Outdoors" is ok?

(If so then just seems worth flagging up so that a good supplier - if it is - isn't tarnished with the same brush. )

I haven't used either and have no connection with either.

Am I right in thinking that another firm called "Surplus and Outdoors" is ok?

(If so then just seems worth flagging up so that a good supplier - if it is - isn't tarnished with the same brush. )

I haven't used either and have no connection with either.

Yes they are good, as far as I have seen. I have ordered a few times from Surplus and Outdoor and the packages have practically arrived the next day. Been good service from them.

I was confused when I went to order from them as I couldnt remember who was the bad one. Basically what you are pointing out.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I've also recently completed an order with surplus and outdoors (not the one in question in this thread). Went OK, I ordered about 5 things and 2 that were shown in stock were out of stock and are yet to arrive, they did get in touch immediately though so not awfully annoyed.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
Never had a problem with them, I go into the shop, select the item I want, try it on if possible, ask for discount, pay for goods, walk out of shop and drive home. Usually do this when returning home over Fromes hill or when I was close to their Flyford Flavell store, even persuaded them to give a few freebie seals for some Jerry cans I bought.

Is anyone near to the shop who is willing to go in and have a little chat with them?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Other folks have said the same thing Wingstoo; that if you can actually *visit* the shop, they're very good to deal with.
It's just their handling of the bought on line stuff that sucks :rolleyes:

cheers,
Toddy...who has always finally gotten her order from them, sometimes after I forgot I had, right enough, but it did arrive.

satosato

Forager
May 29, 2009
London
Ordered a few pairs of trouser in one single order from them in the past, sent me the wrong size trousers, tried to ask for an exchange but gave up after many phone calls.

SI-Den

Tenderfoot
Jul 23, 2011
Norfolk
I ordered a pile of kit from surplusandadventure end of last year, didn't turn up.

Contacted them an was told 'we are waiting for a container', still didn't turn up.

Asked for a refund and was told that a director would have to do it.

Got fed up waiting and got master card on the case - got my money back, but the whole thing went on for a good two months!!

Oddly enough, I won't be ordering from them again!!

Den

andythecelt

Nomad
May 11, 2009
Planet Earth
Another vote for surplus and adventure being a nightmare to deal with, unfortunately I've also had bad service from surplus and outdoors too. I ordered a lot of things from them at the same time, including an unissued stainless steel military trangia and some new unissued boots. When the order arrived I saw that the trangia had been used heavily and had been resprayed. I mean deep scratches in the lid/upper pot where food had obviously been cut with a knife and there were obvious signs the main pot had been used for boiling. The boots were indeed new but the sole was coming away from the upper significantly because the glue was failing (I should say I've previously bought new unissued boots from them and had the soles disintegrate on 1st use because the rubber had perished). I emailed them immediately and was basically told "Send them back and we'll give you a refund but that kit is brand new and is perfect". I returned the items and emailed them again asking them very politely to examine the goods carefully because while I agree they should have been perfect the boots were unfit for purpose, though at first glance they looked fine and the mess set looked perfect until it was opened. I was given a refund but it was never acknowledged that I'd been sent defective and misrepresented goods. It was just bad customer support and there was never any issue with getting a refund but it still has left a bad taste in my mouth because I was told "No, you're wrong" and nobody ever said "You know, we had a look and you're right. Sorry about that."
It just seems that buying surplus online has risks.

It seems I'm in the Minority, I have bought quite a few Items from them in the past With out any issues.
I did get a set of 3 billy cans, one of which was dented, I contacted them and they sent me a whole new set.

I think may be i need to sue them for victimization....lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE