These people..surplusandadventure

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
A

Antonia

I am very happy to reply that my new ruck sack arrived a week or so ago. All seems well with it.
A late delivery but it finally arrived. Now to stock it.

REgards

Antonia

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Can anyone advise on these people? My partner ordered a knife from them which took them 5 weeks to tell me its out of stock, so I asked for a refund, to which they agreed, but again that was 3 weeks ago and nothing, I keep phoning them and a sales rep keeps taking my number and promising a return call but nothing ever comes of it!! any help would be most gratefull, I just wish she had used paypal!!

Cheers
Steve

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I've had LOADS of problems with online orders recently, from various businesses.

I just ended up emailing everyday, ringing about every other day - and as hard as it may be, stay polite but firm. Make sure they know you mean business and you won't go away. :cussing:

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Can anyone advise on these people? My partner ordered a knife from them which took them 5 weeks to tell me its out of stock, so I asked for a refund, to which they agreed, but again that was 3 weeks ago and nothing, I keep phoning them and a sales rep keeps taking my number and promising a return call but nothing ever comes of it!! any help would be most gratefull, I just wish she had used paypal!!

I assume that you mean surplusandadventure. You say you didn't use Paypal but you don't say how you did pay. If you paid by credit card then it's easiest to dispute the payment with the card issuer.

If you paid by some other means then you need to write them a seven day letter. The letter should say something like this:

*NAME AND ADDRESS OF PURCHASER*

****NAME OF PROPRIETOR or NAME OF LIMITED COMPANY****
(trading as surplusadventure.com)
Unit 6
Lowesmoor Wharf
Lowesmoor
Worcester
WR1 2RS

*DATE*

Dear sir,

On ** Jul 2011 I ordered a ***** knife from you. You failed to deliver it within a reasonable time.

ON ** *** 2011 I cancelled the order by telephone and asked for a refund, which you agreed to make.

You have not to date made the refund despite repeated telephone calls to your representative Mr. **** on ** *** 2011, ** *** 2011 and ** *** 2011.

I now write to tell you that unless you refund my payment in full within seven days of the date of this letter I will commence legal proceedings in the County Court for recovery of the money.

Yours faithfully,

Fill in the blanks. I don't know the name of the entity trading as surplusandadventure but you can call them to ask.
Send it recorded delivery.
This is not legal advice.

equiweb

Oct 4, 2011
Bromyard
I ordered a pair of cheap work trousers and a t-shirt a couple of months back, the trousers arrived within 3 days and are great. They are very similar to a pair of Dickies work trousers and of equal quality, very pleased with them. The t-shirt was out of stock, gor an email to say they would be about 2 weeks and sure enough they came with 10 days.
Have had things from them in the past and have always been pleased with the products and the delivery times.
I think the problem is, as with most small businesses, suppliers as much as everything and with clothing being able to stock all sizes and colours!

northumbrian

Settler
Dec 25, 2009
newcastle upon tyne
I ordered a pair of cheap work trousers and a t-shirt a couple of months back, the trousers arrived within 3 days and are great. They are very similar to a pair of Dickies work trousers and of equal quality, very pleased with them. The t-shirt was out of stock, gor an email to say they would be about 2 weeks and sure enough they came with 10 days.
Have had things from them in the past and have always been pleased with the products and the delivery times.
I think the problem is, as with most small businesses, suppliers as much as everything and with clothing being able to stock all sizes and colours!

hmmm me smells a fishy smell me thinks ?

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
I live about 15 miles from them and ordered some stuff from them last year. I got it about 2 months later after reminding them twice and even driving to the shop to see what was going on. I don't use them now.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
I live about 15 miles from them and ordered some stuff from them last year. I got it about 2 months later after reminding them twice and even driving to the shop to see what was going on. I don't use them now.

You gots me wondering why you ordered from them online in the first place. Petrol for a 30 miles return trip would've been well under £6.95 standard postage unless you drive a Typhoon.

Have I overthought the situation.. :drive:

Bonzo Frog

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
Worcestershire
Hi Smith 28,

I had been browsing their site and ordered online because it was showing the items in stock. A couple of days later I received an email saying that the items would have to be ordered in and was told approx 10 days for this so I said fine go ahead. I got the items about 2 months later but I had to do the chasing and I was on my way to Evesham one day and decided a slight detour was in order to see what was happening. This was the first time I had used them and although they were very pleasant the experience has put me off using them again. Strangely enough we have Surplus and Outdoors where I live and I've always had great service from them, however they didn't have what I wanted at the time either or I would have gone there in the first place. Experience is a great teacher!

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I too have had a Splendid experiance with Surplus & Outdoors, but a less than stellar service from surplus & Adventure.

I ordered a my Crusader, a few US MRE's and a few swedish self-containd-gel-fuel-stove-tin-thing-bobs and got the them almost next day.

As for Surplus & Adventure, I bought a few things, totaling less than £20, which never materialised.

As a general piece of advise, I would say buy somthing thats cheep, and you dont need desperatly the 1st time you deal with a new supplier, that way, if they are a pile of poo, you havent wasted lots of money, which you probably wont see again, and you arnt without that crucial piece of kit.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
I'm sorry but i think the "suppliers" issuse are a very poor excuse.....it has nothing to do with suppliers when all that's required is an email or phone call to keep the customer informed and not too feel like they have been fleeced.''I ordered a pair of cheap work trousers and a t-shirt a couple of months back, the trousers arrived within 3 days and are great. They are very similar to a pair of Dickies work trousers and of equal quality, very pleased with them. The t-shirt was out of stock, gor an email to say they would be about 2 weeks and sure enough they came with 10 days. Have had things from them in the past and have always been pleased with the products and the delivery times. I think the problem is, as with most small businesses, suppliers as much as everything and with clothing being able to stock all sizes and colours!''

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...As for Surplus & Adventure, I bought a few things, totaling less than £20, which never materialised.

As a general piece of advise, I would say buy somthing thats cheep, and you dont need desperatly the 1st time you deal with a new supplier, that way, if they are a pile of poo, you havent wasted lots of money, which you probably wont see again...

If that's how easy it is, it makes me want to come back as a criminal in my next life. If you let them get away with it they will just go on to fleece the next sucker.

If they try it on with me either they do a runner or they get what's coming to them. It can't be much fun spending your life running.

There's a system there in the Courts for you to use. All it takes is a bit of time, some patience, and minimal fees. You don't need a solicitor. The odd occasion when somebody has disappeared after I've taken them to court has been more than made up for by the dozens who have had to pay back to me all the fees I've paid to the court, plus interest on top of what they originally owed. The handful who have finished up in prison has made life that bit more satisfying.

gliderrider

Forager
Oct 26, 2011
Derbyshire, UK
I didnt say I let them get away with it. Thats one of the benefits of paying by credit card, just tell the card provider you've been done and they'll sort it out. OK, you might have some forms to fill out, or a 30 min phone call, but thats all you have to do.

And as you say, there might also be a criminal case, let the old bill know they've ripped you off and they'll sort any criminal proceedings ou(you might also be in line of some compo from the courts)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE