There is a thief amongst us..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Its pretty awful all round, when something like this happens, because it affects so many people, not only the owner (who must be gutted) but most certainly Steve & Stuart.
It was taken on board by Roger & Dom very quickly and as Leon mentioned, plans are afoot to prevent it happening next year.
But its not just down to them to make these peoples lives difficult, whoever took the knife must have had people on either side of him (knowing how busy that stall always is!).
Its a sad sign of the times, but perhaps we all need to be a little more observant.
Neil

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I mentioned this on a previous thread relating to the Moot I have been to many festivals over the years including the hippy fests of the 60s love and peace and all that there were still people cheating , stealing you will always have that element in any group saying that when I was with the Recce troop no one stole of members of the Trp it was unheard off

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Steve and Stuart manning the stall felt really bad about it - but the knife got nicked when the bring and buy stall was really busy (at times there were 15+ people crowded around) and so they couldnt be expected to have eyes everywhere and answer shoppers queries at the same time. Hats off to them for manning the stool off of their own backs all weekend to sell other peoples stuff for them - I was well chuffed as I picked up a Snowsled Ventile smock on there for £50!

John - you should have stayed for the Saturday night mate, I have never come so close to wetting myself since being in nappies (my, those two years have flown by......)

Lol...Hopefully next year...

bushtank

Nomad
Jan 9, 2007
king lynn
Apart from being a handmade damascus steel knife with custom sheath, not really.

I met the guy that made it last year and he's a really decent bloke, which makes this all the more dissapointing, but Roger has already been talking about how this can be avoided in the future and has a very good idea which he will implement next year. No comfort to the owner / maker of the knife I fear.

Total scum might be worth keeping an eye on evil bay

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE