Theft & Replacements Needed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
Hi Guys, I thought 2009 was to be my year. After plenty of work and no free time in 2008 I managed to get 8 weeks paid holiday and have just been travelling around Scotland, the Highlands and then down to Wales. I kept everything in my Berghaus Vulcan and had no problem whatsoever with leaving my tent and gear unattended at private and wild campsites.

However, yeaterday I went hunting in the Lakes and when I returned to my Landy at around 11am, I noticed my back window had been smashed. Consiquently the bag and most of my gear has gone.

Could anyone in that area be on the lookout for people trying to sell bushcraft gear.

I am now desperatly trying to replace some of the stolen gear before I leave for Sweden in 11 days. The stuff taken which I really need is listed below. If anyone has any for sale please let me know.

Berghaus Vulcan or similar
Fallkniven F1
Jetboil PCS
Tarp
Self Inflate Mat
Primus Omnifuel
GF Mini Hatchett
MSR Waterfilter

Many Thanks

baggins

Apr 20, 2005
Coventry (and surveying trees uk wide)
Hi Eskimo,

it does rather destroy ones faith in Human nature. Hopefully this might help restore it a bit.
2007_0426tentandknife0025.jpg

Pm me with your address and it's yours if you want it. You can't go bushying without a knife! (i'm not quite up to fallknivens standards) Also have an old gas stove (an Epigas screwin cartridge type) and a small set of pans if you'd like.

All the Best

Baggins

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
sorry to here that mate hope you get it back and as big shot said scummy behavior well he's not wrong and hope all goes well in sweden and when you get back please remember we want photos with all the dirty gossip on what went on

drew

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Hi Eskimo,

Sorry to hear about that. There are some nice people about... and they seem to be here.

I don't have much to offer to help at the moment but if you are short of a tarp near the time I may have bought one. If it is delivered in time and I then have time to get it to you you are welcome to borrow it.

Cheers,
Steve

Just a thought on the Fallkniven F1...
...might it be cheaper to get a replacement once you're in Sweden?

I dunno if you'd be needing to modify it or do any fancy grinding/sharpening beyond the stock finish, but if not maybe it'd be worth waiting.
Just a thought.

Baggins - you're a gent. Good on you.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Baggins
icon12.gif

and the other guys, nice one, I'd love there to be a far greater deterrent out there than what's on offer now....the slimey b****id/s.
icon8.gif

Eskimo, I'm so sorry this happened to you. I had the same thing happen about two years ago. I lost almost everything. The Hoodlums reoutfitted me, with love. I hope you can replace your BOB quickly -

You might check out craigslist... thieves use it in the US to sell stuff.

I actually had to laugh a bit when I thought about what the hell the thief thought when he got home and opened my BOB -- probably thought I was a murderer with all those knives, paracord, and wire.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
sorry to hear it eskimo
imo there isnt a much worse crime than theft:cussing:
i hear alot of thefts from work - tree surgery, so many companies fail because of robbing :censored: nick all there kit
makes me sick

pete

eskimo

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 1, 2006
Humberside
What can I say, I am so greatful for everyones kind offers and support.

Baggins, I really couldn't take the knife from you but thank you so much for a most generous offer. It really shows that decent people still are around. In my opinion Baggins, it is far nicer than the F1. I hope you don't think I am been ungrateful, I would love to buy it from you but would feel as though I was robbing you if I took it for nothing.

I have been on the phone with the police yesterday (Still no news) and after contemplation realise that the value of the stuff lost isn't really an issue as most of it has been aquired through suppliers etc for free or at cost in my old job in marketing. However sad as it is, the Vulcan had many badges sewn on from my travels and the axe was collected from GB in Sweden by an old friend so they had a little bit of sentimental value attached.

Thank you to everyone again, I am genuinly lost for words............

I am just about to reply to some of the many PM's I recieved.

A few more things I have now found to be missing:

Charger for TomTom ??????? (No use on it's own)
Old Goretex Bivvi Bag ( Has 'B.Watson' written inside)
Less than £2 in change (What's that going to get them)

Oh and a Couple of CD's ( Billy Ocean and Paul Simon) - We are looking for thieves with as bad a taste in music as me.

Thank you all so much again.

Less than £2 in change (What's that going to get them)

Along with the proceeds of a few more thefts, a fix. Just a guess.

As for sentimental - that annoys me even more. Sorry you've lost stuff that actually meant something to you. I've got a bad habit of getting like that about things too, makes it much harder when it comes time to replace them due to breakage or theft.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE