The Wilderness Survival Guide

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
I guess the issue with these kind of books is, what can this one show/tell me that others haven't? What makes it stand out from the crowd? To be honest, I still haven't found much better than 'Northern Bushcraft' or the first Mears Survival Handbook. Anthonio Akkermans "Bushcraft Skills and How to Survive in the Wild" was the last book I was which actually seemed to offer something different.

From what Tony's said already, this book seems like a handy-sized reference but nothing special. I look forward to seeing a bit more on it once Tony's dragged it round the forest for a while!

norfolkjohn

Tenderfoot
Aug 21, 2010
norwich norfolk
Have just bought this book, looked at others by Ray Mears & Bear Grylls. As someone new to the world of Bushcraft thought this a good choice, also purchased animal track & sign by Preben Bang& Preben Dahlstrom.
Two informative read's.

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I expected more, nothing new in style or content, although a fine beginers guide IMHO
Good price if you get it at £7.99, overwise expensive for what it is.
I am with Mikey P on this one.
C da C.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE