The wilderness gathering 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...just watched a bit of the vid....shame it doesnt show more about the gathering/bushcraft and its depth but yeah it covers the knives well which has gotta be good for business.

a

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
That was a good read, could almost hear the laughter and smell the bacon. Cheers :thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
cracking write up and pictures Angst, as has been mentioned already but deserves saying again :)

I'm glad you had fun at the Man Creche, I certainly did! Blooming knackered afterwards though and only just with it enough now to start going through emails and forums etc. I'll post up another thread today thanking folks and stuff too, aswell as a thread about that knife :soapbox:

Chris is a proper wife sometimes, he was shouting at be from across the field to go to the loo at one stage (to be fair it had taken me abotu 10 minutes to walk 50 yards!). Always more fun when he helps me out, saves me talking compete cobblers the whole time :D

did you (or anybody) get a photo of Johnny's new bracelet?

edit: I've just read through this thread again (read it yesterday, but the old brain was not engaged anymore). Sonni, I'm really happy to have kept you and the others entertained and your write up is really very touching! You git, your setimentalism is rubbing off!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2012
west bromwich
Angst cool wright up and pics.
FGYT thanks for the video your knives look awesome.
I now were I'm going next year but I think leaveing my wallet at home might be a good idea.

kawasemi

May 27, 2009
Where the path takes me
That is such a BRILLIANT write-up Angst. I'm so jealous I wasn't able to make it. Great to put some faces to names I have known for quite a while.

...and your picture of Dave's Hammer and Anvil is 'Bushcraft Art' - honest, hard work putting soul into the metal.

:You_Rock_

Thanks for your efforts.

kawasemi

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....ta m8...i'm really pleased my write-ups been fun for everyone to read....trying to get across just how much i enjoyed it was hard to do....and also to do justice to all the people that made the whole thing so memorable...hope to meet more of you soon or at the very!! latest....WILDERNESS GATHERING 2013 !!!!!!!!!!!!

That is such a BRILLIANT write-up Angst. I'm so jealous I wasn't able to make it. Great to put some faces to names I have known for quite a while.

...and your picture of Dave's Hammer and Anvil is 'Bushcraft Art' - honest, hard work putting soul into the metal.

:You_Rock_

Thanks for your efforts.

kawasemi

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Dropped in on the Saturday morning, was feeling pretty ill so only stayed a couple of hours, but it was great fun, axe throwing :) . Met a couple mates and saw some fantastic kit and crafts, had a great chat to Mr Orford and ordered a custom crook knife :D . If time allows will definitely be going next year,

Roger

Forager
Sep 7, 2004
Sussex
That is a great write up. I must say we made every effort to make year ten the best we could and I for one am still buzzing with it. Thank you everybody for making The Wilderness Gathering what it is. Roll on 2013!
Roger

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Frankly I'm envious :)
It sounds like a brilliant event :D

Thank you for the write up and the photos; really conveyed the spirit of the whole thing :)

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE