The Walking Dead

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ahh but did anyone spot the Woodmans Pal (thing with a big hook on the back)?

Knives and Zombies...whats not to like? :D

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Gratuatous Gerber product placement ,...lol,...

made me laugh as soon as the kid spotted the axe in the pickup,.....

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Saw season 2 episode 1 And loved it. The Bear grills parang is so easy to spot, made us laugh. Looking forward to next episode!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
The thing that gets me is surely if you turn into a zombie yourself if your bitten by one on the prog,then it must be passed on through there body fluids yet in this weeks season 2 they mostly killed the undead up close and personnel with screwdrives,knives machette etc, getting covered in blood and gore in the process,surely this is counter productive and they all be turning into them.The black bald headed guy who got a real nasty forearm cut(blood pumping etc) then had a just killed zombie lay over him,whilst the other zombies walked by, now i have no medical knowledge but come on this is infection waiting to happen.(ps all this said rather tongue in cheek as im aware it aint real, i think)

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I dont watch it(as i am a wimp) but are the Zs decomposing? wouldnt they all be a mass of flys and maggots within a week?:D THE FLY the best defence against zombie bummers!

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I dont watch it(as i am a wimp) but are the Zs decomposing? wouldnt they all be a mass of flys and maggots within a week?:D THE FLY the best defence against zombie bummers!

They would be fly-blown and maggot infested pretty much straight away, but how long a body takes to fully decompose depends on lots of things, humidity, ambient temperature, insect exposure etc. It could take anything from months to years depending on conditions. But as they are continually biting and hunting, then there is a continual supply of fresh zombies. Eventually, they would all rot away, but not before they had the opportunity to rampage for many, many months, if not a few years. Remember though, it's fiction, so there may be some plausible but as yet unknown aspect of the infection, some change in body chemistry, which slows decomposition or repels insects. :)

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
The thing that gets me is surely if you turn into a zombie yourself if your bitten by one on the prog,then it must be passed on through there body fluids yet in this weeks season 2 they mostly killed the undead up close and personnel with screwdrives,knives machette etc, getting covered in blood and gore in the process,surely this is counter productive and they all be turning into them.The black bald headed guy who got a real nasty forearm cut(blood pumping etc) then had a just killed zombie lay over him,whilst the other zombies walked by, now i have no medical knowledge but come on this is infection waiting to happen.(ps all this said rather tongue in cheek as im aware it aint real, i think)

I think the premise is that the virus needs to get into your bloodstream, which actually is harder than you might think. Though I agree, splashing infected guts around in the way they do in the TV show, shows they have not done a proper risk assessment. :D

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Do they mainly cast Zs from Haiti? Also if you look on google earth at the parade square in the now mostly abandoned Browning barracks here in Aldershot you can see the large out door scenes layout they were filming for world war Z, it was a big green-screen all around, lots of security, looks like one of the last stand type battles from the comic strip!

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
He uses one of these....

http://www.bowsports.com/acatalog/Horton_Scout_HD_125_-_Red_Dot_Pack.html

9_Horton-Scout-HD-125-Crossbow.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The thing that gets me is surely if you turn into a zombie yourself if your bitten by one on the prog,then it must be passed on through there body fluids yet in this weeks season 2 they mostly killed the undead up close and personnel with screwdrives,knives machette etc, getting covered in blood and gore in the process,surely this is counter productive and they all be turning into them.

The virus is airborne arccording to the last series finale, so they all have it. When they die, they will in turn rise up undead, bitten or not. Being bitten by a zombie just means the bite will kill you quicker through zombie infection.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE