The Walking Dead season 4

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Why download? There are plenty of streaming sites which means you don't have the virus risk or any "footprint" on your computer

You will get better quality and you should have no virus problems with downloads. Make sure you only download video format files and before you open it run your virus checker through it. I'm on fibre broadband which means downloading is quick most of the time. Red, I can't honestly remember the last time my machine got hit with a virus.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I too run multiple virus checkers - but given I can watch in HD on one mouse click in real time - why use the old fashioned way of doing it and fill up your hard drive?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I too run multiple virus checkers - but given I can watch in HD on one mouse click in real time - why use the old fashioned way of doing it and fill up your hard drive?

Nothing old fashioned about downloading and storing on your computer. Streaming is like reading a book and throwing it away, I prefer to have a library at home :) Your a 'prepper' and I'm surprised you don't have a stock of videos to hand given how cheap hard drives are these days. With fast broadband availability more and more downloads are HD, in fact uploading DVD files of 4 - 8 GB are not uncommon these days.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Do you not have any 'junk' books at home? Its not high brow content but not really junk, I feel your being a tad harsh there in your appraisal of the production.

I'm in bed now, surfing the net and have access to many, many video files on my home network, spoilt for choice really but still nice to have to hand :) Have you thought about picking up a couple or more 3TB drives and setting up a video library for when the internet fails? Entertainment will be as important as your store of food one day.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Why 'more importantly'? The written word is the important factor whether it be seen on a kindle or paper I'd have thought. I too like 'real' paper books but electronic books have to be one of the greatest inventions of the 20th century; no more going on holiday with just three or four books, now you can take hundreds with you...whats not to like :)

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Course if you've a big library then you always have fire fodder :)

smell of dvd's, cases and kindle's burning can't be too nice...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE