The Walking Dead season 4

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nope, I may invest in an E-reader (although never a Kindle) if the price becomes appropriate for the books - not the rip off it is now. Right now I consider Kindle to be a complete con - the (new) books cost almost the same as a proper book, but you have to buy a device as well - and then you still don't own the book - you cannot give it away or sell it. What a con! I dislike proprietary formats. I know you can use various bits of software to change formats, but I don't want all that faff when a book is just as cheap.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
So, you don't own one. They are about the best e-reader you can get and if you think tying into Barnes & Noble is better then your mistaken plus I don't think they give out ereaders for free. The Kindle will read other formats and with

http://calibre-ebook.com/ you can convert all sorts of formats.

There is a lot of free ebooks available (legal) so why not download the Kindle app for your PC/tablet/phone and have a play, you might learn a thing or two. I'll happily email you a dozen books I think you'd like to get you started :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I have Kindle PC software Richard - don't like it at all. I have tried a real one too - my mum has one. Didn't find it in any meaningful way preferable to a real book. If it wasn't a total rip off I would invest in an E-reader - but it is. The books should cost 25% of the printed price to maintain profit margins - but they don't.

So for now I'll pass. I like to be able to give my books to others, read them in the bath, etc. While it costs me more, to lose those freedoms, I'll pass. If you like them, great, I hope you enjoy them. I may take them up for novels when the sort out fair pricing, but not until then.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
So, you don't own one. They are about the best e-reader you can get and if you think tying into Barnes & Noble is better then your mistaken plus I don't think they give out ereaders for free. The Kindle will read other formats and with

http://calibre-ebook.com/ you can convert all sorts of formats.

There is a lot of free ebooks available (legal) so why not download the Kindle app for your PC/tablet/phone and have a play, you might learn a thing or two. I'll happily email you a dozen books I think you'd like to get you started :)

I am on my 3rd e reader now after burning through 2 kindles I have switched to a Nook Touch. At £29.99 for a touch screen e reader. I will never buy a kindle again. They break far to easily (Amazon themselves only give it an average 18 month life span). My first Kindle broke after 9 months and the second replaced under guarantee after 6. Both had thick leather cases and screen protectors. Amazon only guarantee the replacement for 3 months!

As for the Walking dead I love it and hate it at the same time. The tension of some episodes knackers me out some times.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sounds like your a tad heavy handed John lol Not broke a kindle yet, nor has son, daughter or wife, we must be lucky. The battery started playing up in the wifes but Amazon took it back and gave us a new reader. £29.99 is cheap, I don't like the Nook (or B&N) but I'll pick one up for my grandson as a stocking filler. He's five but his reading (and maths) are of a nine year old, he loves reading books...and Kindle :)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I am on my 3rd e reader now after burning through 2 kindles I have switched to a Nook Touch. At £29.99 for a touch screen e reader. I will never buy a kindle again. They break far to easily (Amazon themselves only give it an average 18 month life span). My first Kindle broke after 9 months and the second replaced under guarantee after 6. Both had thick leather cases and screen protectors. Amazon only guarantee the replacement for 3 months!

As for the Walking dead I love it and hate it at the same time. The tension of some episodes knackers me out some times.

I hear they have had a few problems...They even have a web-site for it.

http://www.brokenkindle.com/

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I am lucky, I've never dropped a phone/kindle/tablet onto/into concrete/stream/river as seems to happen every time someone wants to boost the case for a 'tough' phone/tablet/ereader et al lol. I don't drop much at all come to think of it. I/we (as a family) tend not to sit on things either.......are we over cautious:lmao:

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Having decided I wouldn't enjoy 'The Walking Dead' when it first came out, I took the plunge at Christmas time and am now 'up to date'.

For the most part I have enjoyed it so far, however I'm surely not the only one who watches the characters go about their day to day routines and thinks...

...picquets, sentries, patrols?

:)

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I have recently finished watching season 4. I found it pretty bland TBH, and probably the weakest season so far. I've not started S5 yet (I like to hit it all in one go), but I will give it one more chance.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Talking of zombies, I really really like 'I survived the zombie appocalypse' on BBC 3. An intensive reality TV game where rather than living for a few weeks dressed in fur loincloth, they are surrounded by hords of zombies 24 hours a day at some sort of shopping or leisure centre, completing various tasks, getting food and items etc.

And if you tend to drop your ipad you can get one of these to shock and waterproof the thing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...5499184&sr=8-1&pi=SL75&keywords=otterbox+ipad

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE