The Uninitiated but keen to see the cold.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Talking of nips - a hip flask for the end of day.

Oh and you forgot to add to your list -
-Have fun!

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Take a sheepskin for the floor of your tent. It's so nice to keep your feet warm instead of just straight onto cold plastic, when you get up. also nice to line a camp chair, or just sit on the ground with. I have a realy tatty and matted one I use for camping. Its a homely luxury worth the extra bulk. Ive sometimes even used it under my sleeping bag for extra insulation. A multi use item.

Reactions: Pattree

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
This ^^^^^^^^
I’d put three “likes” under it if I could.

This presumes that you are not backpacking your kit.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I will drive but I may walk a bit.

Am going to observe what I can see; maybe invest in a kiddies sledge?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I will drive but I may walk a bit.

Am going to observe what I can see; maybe invest in a kiddies sledge?

I made a sort of pulk out of one. Very easy, drill some holes around the edge and thread through some rope, (I used blue nylon stuff as its cheap and I already had a long length)
Then I got some plastic tube from the builders merchant, only a few quid fo about 10/12 feet, and they even cut it in half for me.
Then thread the two ends of the rope through the tubes,, tie a loop, attach a couple of carbinas to the loops and clip those to some sort of strong belt. I have a waist belt from an old rucksack well past its best. Cross the poles then clip in. The poles stop the sled running into the back of your legs, particularly on downhill stretches.
A cargo net is useful for keeping gear in place, or else several bungies criss crossed over the load.
I'll try and remember to do a photo of mine tomorrow or in a day or two, if I get time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE