The things children say...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
We are staying over in Masham tonight & I took my 4 year old daughter out to look at the stars. She had her torch and was looking at the apple trees. She was trying to describe the "torch beam" but didn't know the words - she described it as "the torches breath".
How beautifully poetic, I know which I prefer:)
What have your kids said that made you stop and think, wow!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Auntie Margaret, have you got a cold ? only dad says you are awfully nosey !

And my favourite, when dad comes home from the pub , his words smell !!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
My (then) 5yr old on a shopping trip, getting into a lift. There are full length mirrors in the lift.

"mummy, there are ninjas behind you!"

Cue explanation about women wearing Burkas....

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Not my kids but some picked up along the way.

Miss bent over at school today , and i saw her lungs !

Mummy , i have seen their curtains , and they dont make me sick !

Poor woman in butchers , oh! and can i have some bones for the dog ? child, oh! goody we are going to get a dog !

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
My small Daughter (long ago) looking at a Cinema 'coming attractions' poster..
"Dad, you look just like that man"..(photo of Charles Bronson in Death Wish)
"Really?"
" Yes your face is all wrinkly..it needs flattening"..I think she meant ironing..:lmao::lmao:

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
A few years ago my wife and I had taken our son out for dinner, he ordered sausages, beans and chips.

When the waitress placed his meal on the table, he said "Oh, looks like dog poo!". Of course he meant the sausages, but in his defence they didn't look too great!

Paul72

Nomad
Jan 29, 2010
Northern Ireland
I went to a midnight service at my church on Christmas Eve, the minister began preaching about Santa Claus to which my excited daughter shouted out in an otherwise quiet (and full!) church "Is Santa Claus coming now??!!"

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
During coffee in the parish hall after Church my Godson (then 7 years old) told several other parishioners that one of his grandmother's goats (Yoda) was gay.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
A very uncomfortable two minutes when a friends wee girl was looking out of the window of their flat to the shared back garden where some kids that had recently moved from Nigeria were playing and started shouting "look mummy look at the wops" - you can imagine the relief on her mums face when she was in fact watching the wasps on the outside of the window and not in fact turning into the worlds smallest racist.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
In my defence, I was 5 at the time.

Dad had taken me shopping, to buy my Mums birthday present. When we got home, I was very excited and wanted to tell her what we'd got her.
There then followed a stern explanation about spoiling surprises. I then asked if I could give her a clue. Dad agreed to this, grudgingly.

'You can take photographs with it'

Badger74

Jun 10, 2008
Ex Leeds, now Killala
My daughter is 6 years old.

When ever we tell her she hasn't done that right or she's been naughty, she looks us in the eye and says 'but daddy, i'm only six'!

It was funny the first time but now she uses it as an excuse. Cute...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
"Don't poke your tummy button." said big sister to little brother in the bath. "That's where God blew you up!"
:D

Small boy to elderly family friend, "Would you like to give my mum a birthday present? "
"That would be rather nice :) What do you think she'd like ?"
"The recipe for these biscuits :D", replied small boy with big smile full of milk and fresh homemade gingernuts :rolleyes:
(The recipe is rather good, and I'll share if asked :) )

Small boy (just aged 3) to rather stout lady, "When is your baby due ?"
"Well, actually Jamie, I'm not pregnant, this dress just makes me look a bit chubby :) "
"Do you not think a good diet might help ? " was the terribly polite response.
cue mother cringing with embarassment :rolleyes:

Watching a brown frog schlepping it's wet way through the garden, "Look mum! it's like elastic mud :D"

On eating birthday cake, Andrew said, "That made my tummy smile :)"

Lying on the grass next to the burn looking up at the sky through the trees, "Mum, look :) Trees are everything :D"
Water, wood, wind, sunshine, leaves, food, fuel, home.....the bairn was right :D

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Where's your Mum's contribution to this thread then ? :D

Got another one, a snowflake landed on his face and he said, "Mum, sky kisses :D"

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE