The system works for swords

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
A good news story.

One of the members of our reenactment, medieval combat group, was walking through Penzance the other night with his sword carrier over his back with two hilts poking out. A police car went by a couple of times and then he was stopped, politely, by a constable. Being challenged as to why he was carrying swords around town he explained his hobby and showed his membership of the club and details of our third party insurance.

The suspicious attitude of the police changed immediately to interest into what we did and he was allowed to proceed carrying his swords and we might have gained a new member. Being courteous on both sides, being legal and being knowledgeable, again on both sides, is what should happen and did.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
The Howlesedhes Guard, a section of Ancient Days and Ways. Being relatively new and only just building membership we haven't made up our minds about HEMA yet. Fortunately our main man is qualified and experienced over many years in assorted arts. We are following Fiore at the moment. Sword and dagger work is not the only interest as we have keen archers and even a couple who are working at horse archery along with a developing interest in what we could call ancient boating amongst several of us. The fleet is only my skin covered coracle at the moment though!

The possession of a little wood is a bonus as we have organised "hunting" days using animal face targets there and overnight "primitive" living is planned. Friendly relations with local English Heritage, the Arthurian Centre and several open gardens have given venues for local history displays and for our Have-a-Go-Archery. Cornwall is a terrific place to do your own thing.
12744555_959332137491450_2472982455956855427_n.jpg

Last edited:

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
I might have a feeling which officer stopped him in Pz, especially as said Bobby took a keen interest in sword arts...

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Rarely here about the sensible and reasonable coppers even though they are in the majority in my experience.

Good on you for posting.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE