The Sweden Feel!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi Guys,

Have fun with some Bushcraft ART!

This is a painting I finished today, its 11 X 16 inch oil on gessoed pannel.

Moose_water_lake.jpg

And this is a wonderfull poem written by David Wagner!

Stand still. The trees ahead and bushes beside you
Are not lost. Wherever you are is called Here,
And you must treat it as a powerful stranger,
Must ask permission to know it and be known.
The forest breathes. Listen. It answers,
I have made this place around you.
If you leave it, you may come back again, saying Here.
No two trees are the same to Raven.
No two branches are the same to Wren.
If what a tree or a bush does is lost on you,
You are surely lost. Stand still. The forest knows
Where you are. You must let it find you.

Cheers and happy bushcrafting!
Abbe

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Really good painting Abbe, you have done a fantastic job with the light reflection on the rippling water, great poem aswell.

Bogman10

Nomad
Dec 28, 2006
Edmonton,ab,Can
I used to Dabble in Oils too, Way back when. Good Composition, warm feel. However I am also a Hunter and that Moose is too skinny to shoot!!! :lmao: wouldn't waste my Moose tag on her. Love the Art, reminds me that warmer days are just ahead!
:beerchug:

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Very nice, I like your use of light and shadow, was this from a photograph?

Yes, it was painting from the computer screen, I had my easle in front of it and painted happily away as the moose will not move and hold the pose. ;-)

For animals and kids you have to do it or you are very very good in painting from memory. To keep the life of the brush and not getting too tight up with a photoreference I go out and paint from real life in nature.

If you dont do that and keep the feel from painting "plain air", you will get after a while too stiff and copy the photo. The result is in a dead painting. Here you can see me in the free and open air we love so much. Its actually a very good thing to be an artist and bushcrafter.
If you are really good living from nature you dont need much equipment and can take lots of art material with you in the bush.
me_painting.jpg

cheers
Abbe

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
It seems you’re a man of endless talents, Abbe. I particularly like the rendering of the water around the moose. Nice to see someone painting on a panel, too. Haven’t smelled rabbit glue for ages, now. Makes me want to get out the double boiler :)

Enjoyed the poem greatly.

Thanks,
Paul.

BorderReiver

Mar 31, 2004
Norfolk U.K.
Getting out and painting from nature definitely works for you, there is a feeling of life and movement in your painting. What was missing on the screen you added from your experience.

:)

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
It seems you’re a man of endless talents, Abbe. I particularly like the rendering of the water around the moose. Nice to see someone painting on a panel, too. Haven’t smelled rabbit glue for ages, now. Makes me want to get out the double boiler :)

Enjoyed the poem greatly.

Thanks,
Paul.

Thanks mate!!
here is another moose I did some month ago, I hope you like it too:

cheers
Abbe

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I saw this the other day just before going to work and didn't have time to post a reply. I see you have a second picture up now too! Really good stuff, I had a friend who was also good at watercolour painting. He sold a picture of the Cathedral in Hameln before he had even started to paint it, just a faint pencil sketch! Your work looks incredible, thanks for sharing them with us.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Thanks mate!!
here is another moose I did some month ago, I hope you like it too:

cheers
Abbe

Thanks for this, Abbe.

Wonderfully free brushwork. I can almost hear the sound of that dripping water breaking the silence of the scene, and feel the velvet on the antlers. You clearly have a deep understanding of the animal and 'the nature'.

It’s an emotionally moving picture.

With the kindest regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE