the stick

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
I wouldn't say it was illegal, I just cannot see being able to justify carrying it in public.
That's just my opinion.
I can appreciate it as a collector's piece or for cosplay purposes etc. it's stunning and clearly no more dangerous intrinsically than a large butchers knife.
It's just more dagger than bushcraft knife is all...

Of course one can't justify it! :) Never was a goal ;)
I can neither justify my motorbike, but I still have it :D

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Ignore them buddy, this is a thing of true beauty

Sword canes have been done a thousand times......Don't think i'v seen many spear canes though
The gentleman adventurer has a general knife, a staff for fending off the odd cutpurse, and then a full on spear in case of orc ambush on the road :cool:

Thanks! :)
I must agree with everything you said :D

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
At the Moot I saw some Swords Mr Budd had made... things of beauty but again no way an EDC in the UK ( these days), nor where they ever intended to be; EDC or Concealed.
I saw the OP photo's and it shouted "concealed Weapon". Having 3 knives, 2 axes and 1 hammer in a rucksack on a Train station could get me a long chat with a police man. Having that very very fine item in my pocket .... well that's a whole different story.

Again, it does not stop it from being a lovely job mind.

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Canes with a blade inside seems to be illegal in many countries. Not sure why ?
I have a beautiful one, some kind of very dark/black wood, with a silver top. Three sided blade, sharp all sides, with floral gold inlays with different colored gold. Made in the mid 1700's I have been told.

As I have a dodgy knee I do use it sometimes.

Yours is beautifully made, I imagine the scabbard was very tricky to make?

hellize

Maker
Jun 26, 2017
transylvania
Canes with a blade inside seems to be illegal in many countries. Not sure why ?
I have a beautiful one, some kind of very dark/black wood, with a silver top. Three sided blade, sharp all sides, with floral gold inlays with different colored gold. Made in the mid 1700's I have been told.

As I have a dodgy knee I do use it sometimes.

I demand pictures! :)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I managed to post a couple of photos before Photobucket turned nasty. Nothing since.
Outside it is gloss black/brown, polished wood. Silver band about 15 cm from top, it is where it separates. The Silver collar stays on handle, makes maybe a little bit protection for hand. The lower part of cane slots into the silver band from underneath. Bottom of cane, that meets the street surface, is a metal stud, round.
Top it has a silver pear shaped end, fluted.
Blade is three sided, scalloped out, with multi coloursed gold inlay flower bunches on each side.
A little bit of black oxidation on steel. Sharp and pointy.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
I know :)
Meantime I found this site featuring the prohibited weapons and such and I just can't place this one under either of it. It is too short to be a sword, it isn't disguised to appear as a cane, it isn't a baton and so on. But people just don't seem to understand, that your law permit it.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/import-controls-on-offensive-weapons

I dunno, it looks kind of concealed to me, like a deliberate attempt not to look like a sheath, I would not be comfortable carrying it even if I had a use for it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE