The Skull ID Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
All wrong I'm afraid so far.

Scorps, skull collecting is a great hobby and it also allows you to identify other signs and the animals that made them too, such as bite marks etc. I havn't collected any for years, but I used to just bury them for a few months then clean and bleach them afterwards.

FerlasDave

Jun 18, 2008
Off the beaten track
How about this guy?

R%20S74-Wombats.jpg

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
OK, that looks quite difficult. Definately rodent, definately not British. The cheek bones and eye sockets are like nothing I've seen before. Looks like a plaster replica too. The nasal area is weird too.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Not a beaver - they have a funny upward facing hole in the ear region. Some sort of large rodent with a broad nose. Maybe coypu, capybara or something like that?

It's definately something along those lines. Certainly nothing native to Britain, possibly Europe. I've never seen anything like it. The cheek bone and eye sockets are just weird, as is the nose and nasal area. This one really has me stumped.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE