The Show Us Your Stupidly Large Pack Thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Somewhere I've got a picture of me at the start of the Arctic Circle Trail. The pack wasn't huge but it was bloomin' heavy - or so the pirates at the airline excess baggage counter thought. I'll see if I can find it...

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
I repacked my 1 week kit last night while trying to work out how to attach the Wynnchester Bedroll. So far it looks like this.

If the boot of my 4x4 doesn't give the scale then my Maxpedition Remora bimble bag is to the right. That's about a foot tall.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408442518.137482.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
I repacked my 1 week kit last night while trying to work out how to attach the Wynnchester Bedroll. So far it looks like this.

If the boot of my 4x4 doesn't give the scale then my Maxpedition Remora bimble bag is to the right. That's about a foot tall.View attachment 31900

That Sir, is impressive. You are currently in first place for the 'laughably large and impractical pack without a reasonable excuse' award (remember folks, a pic must be supplied) as it beats mine by a whisker.

:You_Rock_

The bedroll looks nice though and the whole ensemble is pleasing to the eye.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Mine sometimes looks a bit like this.

mercedes-benz_vito_sport-x_4653.jpg

Although If I'm going light it looks like this.

Canvas_Crusader-2.jpg

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
If I could lift it I could weigh it!

*takes a bow*

I hasten to add that my hiking/ one nighter pack weighs in at a shade over 8kgs.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Mine sometimes looks a bit like this.

mercedes-benz_vito_sport-x_4653.jpg

Although If I'm going light it looks like this.

Canvas_Crusader-2.jpg

Sorry Wayland it's not even down on the back axle!

That said mate you have one hell of a Bushmoot set up. Trestle table and wooden crates n all.

Last edited:

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Dammit...I started this thread in light jest and now I find I covet Wayland's Crusader (in that colour combo) and must have one, and might have to sell my body on the mean street of Hungerford for the necessary cash.

Difficult one this. Martin and Wayland's packs might trump Countryman's in terms of sheer size, but may lose points for not having random stuff lashed to the outside. Martin certainly wins on quantity of stupidly large packs (in fact I think you may need to seek professional advice there), but I think Countryman is still in the lead by a smidgen unless Martin lugs more than one pack at a time, i.e. one on each shoulder (?) in which case you would be the clear winner.

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Wayland, I see now that your pack is self-customised with lovely leather and is therefore un-obtainable to mortals like myself. You dangle it in front of me, then take it away. Damn you Sir!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Cheating, not me. Merely a demonstration of the practicality of the Pals/Molle system to increase carry capability :)

monkey-pals2_zps3006bd55.jpg

I'm at a stage now where a large pack is what I use to lug all my gear out of the boot and into my tent. More like a convenient holdall.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE