The Ritual Humiliation of Sam... :-) (Pic Heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Last weekend a group of hardy folks gather in deepest Sussex to join in with the Marriage Ritual of commiserating with the groom over the forthcoming loss of his freedom and treating him to great shenanigans and pranks along with various alcoholic beverages :D

We naturally decided to have a bushcraft weekend and went with Paul Kirtley as both Sam and I know him well and figured he'd do us proud. We weren't wrong :)

Anyway here's the family friendly pictures... the rest were a bit too risque to show I'm afraid but suffice to say Sam had some interesting experiences :rolleyes:

The wood we were in was a lovely site with a variety of deciduous woodland that was a pleasure to stay in :) Sadly I didn't get time to have a wander around but it looks a great place to explore :D

My pitch :)

The fun begins for Sam ;) as you all no doubt know Sam's an aficionado of canvas and similar kit but also rather derogatory of menn's kilts. So what else should he have to wear for the first night but a kilt made from cuben fibre :lmao:
Sorry for the poor picture but between me laughing so much and Sam resisting it didn't make for the best photo :D

Unfortunately the rest are a bit too near the knuckle to be shared on a public family friendly forum but all that can be said is that Sam was very grateful it was a mild night and the cuben fibre was only semi transparent :rofl:

Next morning one of the guys mentioned that one of his campfire bucket lists was to roast duck over a fire. Before we knew it Paul had raided the game larder and these two beauties appeared :)

We also had a whole buck for us to process for the weekend :D

There was a lot of chilling out around the campfire

We also harvested and processed some poles to make a tarp teepee

How many bushcrafters does it take to erect 3 poles? :rolleyes:

For those who have been to the Naughty Corner you'll recognise this scene... The guys appreciated being introduced to the game of pegging :)

Dunno why Sam ended up handcuffed to Paul but it was funny at the time

After that Sam was handcuffed to a tree... then he realised what was about to happen :evilangel:

We didn't have any stags blood so we used hair dye instead :lmao:

Unfortunately for Sam the Gimp then came out...

And what happened next again can't be shared on here :D

The evening feast consisted of this lot... nom nom nom

Which was cooked up and served with boiled potatoes along with a port and mushroom sauce :D

The next morning was a bit rough for some... :cool:

The next morning we then had a bit of a shoot up using catapults with mint imperials as ammo

Afterwards more of the venison was cooked up...

And ended up like this... delicious :D

After we'd eaten the lovely grub we packed up and before heading off posed for a group shot (photo by Pete Keenan)

All in all it was a fantastic weekend and I think Sam appreciated all the effort we went to to seal his doom :lmao:

I'd also like to say an extremely big thank you to Paul Kirtley and his assistant Paul (Spoons) for the sterling work they did ensuring everyone was enjoying themselves over the weekend goodjob

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It was a cracking weekend.
Steve you forgot to mention onw of you charming gentlemen decided to cable tie my sleeping bag shut in two places and also where daffy and daisy's heads ended up.
the dr says I should heal ok I'm sure you're all glad to hear

So I did... along with a few other things :rolleyes:

The cable tying was rather good as well even if we did forget to take away your knives :lmao:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Many happy returns, or should that be commiserations Sam?

To the father in laws daughter, to the mother in laws son, to vows they'll just be taking, to the life they've just begun. :beerchug:

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
It was a great weekend and some great folks

Pheasant on the first night
Duck the second day
Venison flash fried steaks second evening (oh and port and Stilton a plenty)
Venison stir fried and in a cream sauce the final days lunch

Oh how we suffered :eek:

A massive thanks to Sam for the invite. Steve for sorting it all. And the Paul's for being so amazing

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE