The old Britishblades forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
We are all still nockin around. Not like the good old days though with Danzo and Gower esq... 2002 was I think when I joined :oops:

Blimey, early days. It must have only just started as a forum. I was a latecomer, probably around 2008. Gower was Dr Xavier if I remember. Has anyone changed names for BCUK? I just carried on with mine, but there are a few posters here I ought to know from BB But don’t recognise the names here.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
I passed through BB on the way here, at a guess I'd say 02-03 after I got fed up with equipped to survive. I went back to BB later and spent some time there. I use the same forum name if possible, so I have the same name in here, ROF, EM and some others I don't go on anymore.

ATB Steve

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
Blimey, early days. It must have only just started as a forum. I was a latecomer, probably around 2008. Gower was Dr Xavier if I remember. Has anyone changed names for BCUK? I just carried on with mine, but there are a few posters here I ought to know from BB But don’t recognise the names here.
I was Marcus2 on BB

Reactions: Nice65

Isshogai

Nov 7, 2004
Wakefield West Yorkshire
Still here, very occasionally.

I only have a small collection of knives now, mostly SAK's. In the BB days I must have had a collection that cost me a couple of grand, maybe more, over the years. My present knives could be replaced with about 200 quid.

My Aly Grinder and propane forge all went a few house moves ago and haven't really missed them. Wonder if Rapidboy, Basemetal, Ropeman and Mojofilter are still about?

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Not sure of Alan’s username. I remember he decided to become a woman and changed his name. Not heard from Rapidboy (Lawrence) for ages. Unca Colin still turns up on EM occasionally.
Anyone here go to the first Spyderco meet at Leeds ? That was a great day out !

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
I have a couple of the patches somewhere about the house. I've handled the BB forum knife, blade only, that stu had set in motion, it was in truth a bit large for my dainty paws! I do miss BB, a lot of useful threads on modified knives and 'how to' have been lost. I'm on em and rof, a fair few who left em went over to Instagram but I decided I had enough online account. There are a good few on Facebook too.

Steve, do any of these match?

I've done some digging and these were the best I could find that I think may have matched.

Early sketches.

bb5000.jpg

fluxblack.jpg

3D renders of possible ideas.

3-2.jpg

50488628qv4.jpg

An earlier proto?
007.jpg

I thought I had a picture of a later version but can't see it. I'm fairly sure it was ending up more similar to the Nexus and to be made in a Bohler steel with G10 handle. Can't see it on my computer now though and it's bugging me. If anyone else has a pic of the proposed Cooper-Mitchell, I would like to see it!

Last edited:
Reactions: PoppyD

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Stew, I can't remember really, what I do remember was it was made from thick steel stock, with a skeleton handle. I can't recall the blade shape. I'll contact stu and see if he will take a picture

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I think I joined at some point in 2002. Heard about it from people in the European section of BladeForum, which I joined in 2000. It was off the back of some writing I did on BB that Tony asked me to be a mod here. Same user name, which I used everywhere for a long time.

Stew, I sent Stu a big chunk of natural G10 to use for one of those BB prototypes. Never heard how it turned out. Looks like it could have been that proto photo.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
From what I recall, the made up knife was sent to Martyn, the one I've seen is a blade blank. Martyn never sent the knife back to stu so as far as I know that was the end of it

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Stew, I can't remember really, what I do remember was it was made from thick steel stock, with a skeleton handle. I can't recall the blade shape. I'll contact stu and see if he will take a picture

Yep, I remember it as a removable handle but I’m sure the pics I’ve posted were related to the project.

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
Yep, I remember it as a removable handle but I’m sure the pics I’ve posted were related to the project.
The last picture you posted Stew.If it had 2 x 10mm removable bolts with large slots in that was pretty much the finished article.Stuart offered me a blank but like a prat I said "No I'll never use it,it''ll just sit in a drawer".Wish I'd said yes now.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE