The old Britishblades forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
I have a couple of the patches somewhere about the house. I've handled the BB forum knife, blade only, that stu had set in motion, it was in truth a bit large for my dainty paws! I do miss BB, a lot of useful threads on modified knives and 'how to' have been lost. I'm on em and rof, a fair few who left em went over to Instagram but I decided I had enough online account. There are a good few on Facebook too.

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Pity Stu (Mitchell) never got to realise that BB knife design we had all agreed upon. That was damned cool.

I agree. I have one of his blades handled by another member. Also have a pocket folder by the bloke that worked at Taylors Eye Witness, R White was it Richard? Met him when I visited Sheffield.

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
The makers I really wanted to own, and still do are a Shing, Owen Bush, Stuart Mitchell (got one), and Guy Stainthorp. I do need a sheaf for the Stuart Mitchell knife at some point.

Reactions: stevec

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
Fenix, it's Russell White. He is still quite ill unfortunately I believe. I have a few of his and Stu's knives. I'd like to see the ring too

fenix

Forager
Jul 8, 2008
Kent
Fenix, it's Russell White. He is still quite ill unfortunately I believe. I have a few of his and Stu's knives. I'd like to see the ring too

Thanks for that. Cant remember what year, it was when Portland Works was under threat and we met Russel, Robin Wood, Stu (I think), Trevor Ablett, etc.
I think the law section is one of the most useful bits that is now lost, especially when you had input from Police officers and Customs people.

Trencakey

Nomad
Dec 25, 2012
Cornwall
Pity Stu (Mitchell) never got to realise that BB knife design we had all agreed upon. That was damned cool.
I think I still have some of the prototype bolts for the handle here.Stu wanted them in stainless with a slot big enough to take a 2p piece so the handle could be stripped down in the field.The plan was for a hollow handle.

spader

Native
Dec 19, 2009
Scotland
Wow Great stories and posts thank you. I had been a member of BB 2-3 years or even 5, I cannot remember myself now. But that was the time when I had been trying to make my own bushcrafters with old circular saw blades in the shed. I think I still have them in the shed somewhere.

Yesterday suddenly I remembered the BB times, and wondered what happened to the site and all the members. I think there were many sub forums and its own moderators whom I cannot recall at all.

I think some of them (handful) including me are in this forum.
But the passion for DIYing own bushcrafters or choppers had gone. Now just playing with SAKs or MultiTools :)

Here we have this forum, Edged Tools, and we can keep on discussing about the good tools. I don't use FB that much, but I will try a wee visit to the other new sites mentioned in this thread too, and see what they are up to up there.

cheers.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
We are all still nockin around. Not like the good old days though with Danzo and Gower esq... 2002 was I think when I joined :oops:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE