The kit gathering forum

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Trouble for me with this forum i spent a fortune, anyone got a spare house for free for me to put my junk into. Where do you all keep it

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
LOL, as a relative newb my gear is just starting to take shape, at the moment it's spread between my man cave ( box room ) and the garage ( bigger man cave )

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Trouble is my 2 kids are taking over all the space for their kit and rightly so. Think it may be time to re think my kit.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
In bags all over the place - if it's spread out it doesn't look like much :) [it is a bugger to find stuff though]

Hmmm - a multi-purpose/ multi-task cave, I like the sound of that. Unfortunatley there is only enough space for me to do one thing at a time in mine.

Elen Sentier

In bags all over the place - if it's spread out it doesn't look like much :) [it is a bugger to find stuff though]

Hmmm - a multi-purpose/ multi-task cave, I like the sound of that. Unfortunatley there is only enough space for me to do one thing at a time in mine.

I tell you, getting old has lots of advantages ... Hubby and I each bagged a good size room for our caves when we moved here 13 years ago. Works a treat, we neither invade the other's nor make any comments about the state of them. More difficult to do when there's more than 2 in the family though :D

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
"Perhaps an extension of the bat cave below the mansion could be built, hmmnnn must get the butler to look into that."

YES... now that would be good, obviously complete with slidey pole/ costume changing suite and a tilty head button pushing, bookshelf sliding secret entrance.

"More difficult to do when there's more than 2 in the family though :D"

I'll just have to wait another 15 years... OR as the wife keeps saying get a bigger house.

"anyone got a spare house for free for me to put my junk into"

You can put your junk into my house.... you might not get it back though...

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Since using this site, I've bought less and saved a lot of money by reading advice from members and bought only what I need. It now all fits into my rucksack and a small overflow bag of seasonal kit and spares. Smug or what!

Several house moves have resulted in Oxfam and a local Scout group doing very well out of me over the years with donations of redundant and unsuitable kit!

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
Since joining my kit has increased alot, i keep my stuff in my man cave ( spare bedroom/my study) and the loft. The beauty of keeping stuff in the loft is that its out of sight of the wife so she can't winge about how much stuff i own and she wont venture up there because there are spinders up there! ( thats what iv told her! Heee heee heee heee!!!!)

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
Mine is in my mane cave garden shed or at work or the back of my van in boxes but all the valuable kit is in my bedroom in a three draw chest

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
The top floor of our house was never converted into accommodation when it stopped being 3 floors of weaving sheds so that's now my shed and family room as wherever I used to hide to do my weird stuff the rest of the family would congregate anyway, otherwise they never saw me they claimed. So I've about 35 foot by 25 foot of space with open beams all the way up to store stuff and work in. Since its a long way down to get a brew we made one corner a wet area/2nd kitchen with a industrial sink, fridge, baby Belling etc. The views grand as well!

ill get my coat

Tom

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Wow kit in some good places, My shed too damp so that out of the question but I see where most of yur kit is stored. Still going to try and minimise my kit more use it dont store it my mantra should be.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE