the kit challenge are you good enough

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
2013-04-04 16.00.56.jpg

now you have all probably seen one of these grab bags before and probably used one.

so the challange if you are up for it is

part a

what would u put in it for a days walk in the woods in winter and how much would it weigh?

part b

what you you put in it for a days walk in summer in the wood and how much would it weigh?

rules to the challenge are you are only allowed to take this bag and this bag alone and no strapping kit to the out side

now for the more experienced woodsman

part a

what would you put in it for a weekend in the woods in winter and how much would weigh?

part b

what would u put in it for a weekend in the woods in summer and how much would it weigh?

rules to the challenge are you are only allowed to take this bag and this bag alone and no strapping kit to the out side

drew

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Can I take it that this challenge is purely hypothetical or is it going to lead to an actual physical one?

its a military grab bag ...

Cheers Drew, had a look-see and I've not knowingly come across them before :eek: .

Mind you if you're going to stipulate

you are only allowed to take this bag and this bag alone

then you're going to have to give us a few more details ~ some rough dimensions would be cool (main pocket, quantity and dimensions of pockets on the outside etc).

I might have something suitable to base things on, but it's very different from your pic.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Can I take it that this challenge is purely hypothetical or is it going to lead to an actual physical one?

Cheers Drew, had a look-see and I've not knowingly come across them before :eek: .

Mind you if you're going to stipulate

then you're going to have to give us a few more details ~ some rough dimensions would be cool (main pocket, quantity and dimensions of pockets on the outside etc).

I might have something suitable to base things on, but it's very different from your pic.

Looks a bit like this Bag from here

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Looking at the bag I would say you can get quite a lot in it.

Dont really understand the challenge side of it. Are you just asking for people to list what they would take or to actually go out and do it.

Last edited:

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I use a WW2 gas mask bag for those type of day outings. I take it your not allowed to have your pockets stuffed with gear and just use whats in the bag?

Steve

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
For a walk I would not really put much effort into a smallish bag. It would just be the usual - drink - snack - coat - small first aid kit. All the other bits and pieces that you might consider buschrafty are in my pockets.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
For a walk I would not really put much effort into a smallish bag. It would just be the usual - drink - snack - coat - small first aid kit. All the other bits and pieces that you might consider buschrafty are in my pockets.

indeed............

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE