The kettle Ray uses

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
So where's the spout in 'sandbender's picture (above)?

Jim
I wouldn't say it's clear in Sandbenders pic, unless you know where to look ;)

here's a comparison shot I did a while back of the outwell 1.2l (top right - same shape as the Eagle one), MSR Alpine Kettle 1l (top left), and the Trangia Kettle at the bottom

kettlestop.jpg

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
what size is the trangia kettle bikething? - is it a 25 (large) or 27 (small)

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
if you know bikething, what is the diameter and height of the three kettles, i am thinking would any of them fit inside a zebra billy ?
I've answered this question before somewhere, but can't find the post :confused:

I can say that the Trangia and MSR both fit in a 16CM Zebra - The Outwell doesn't..

I think the gist of the previous thread was that the small Trangia kettle might just fit in a 14cm zebra on a bit of a tilt as the point of the spout makes it a touch bigger than 14cm across - I haven't got a 14cm Zebra to try it in.

rough dimensions are as folllows : overall height / overall Diameter

Trangia 0.6l : 7cm / 14cm (diameter of body ignoring spout is 13.5cm)
MSR : 9.5cm / 14.2cm
Outwell 1.2l : 9.5cm / 17.5cm

HTH
Steve

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Very good kettle, its 1.5 litre. This chap sells them, kettle plus postage is about £42

http://www.techthor.com/lamp/shopexd.asp?id=233 The seller is a nice guy and speaks very good English in his emails.

OR

save your self almost £30

http://www.outdoormegastore.co.uk/acatalog/Outwell_1.2_Litre_Stainless_Steel_Kettle.html

The techthor kettle would appear to have a copper bottom; don't know if that justifies the price though. If y'all decide to go for that one then I'm still with you

May 4, 2011
Dublin
Just a quick note to anybody who may be looking for an Eagle Products kettle. I tried several Norwegian websites, to no avail, until I finally got a favourable response from www.techthor.com (see post number 11 by rik_uk3 ). The kettle I was after was the biggest one (4 litre) which is not on the website, however once I sent the guy an email he responded quickly and got me what I was after. The price shipped to Ireland was 90 euro, which is probably about £80ish. Kind of pricey for a kettle but I really wanted it so I convinced myself that I deserved it.

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Just a quick note to anybody who may be looking for an Eagle Products kettle. I tried several Norwegian websites, to no avail, until I finally got a favourable response from www.techthor.com (see post number 11 by rik_uk3 ). The kettle I was after was the biggest one (4 litre) which is not on the website, however once I sent the guy an email he responded quickly and got me what I was after. The price shipped to Ireland was 90 euro, which is probably about £80ish. Kind of pricey for a kettle but I really wanted it so I convinced myself that I deserved it.

Jim .... you definitely need counselling my friend .... we will have to have a chat about your addiction in Norway :nana:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
For a 4 litre pot thats no more in price than a couple of mediocre and smaller Titanium pots.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE