Outwell portable grill

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have just bought on of these...:D
medium.jpg

Enjoy hot and tasty charcoal-grilled food, wherever you are, with this easily assembled, easily packed portable grill from Outwell.

It's made of tough steel, and stands up very stably on its base when unfolded. When not in use, it packs down flat for easy transport and storage.

It's got low ventilation points under the charcoal base, which will help your coals or wood to burn through more efficiently, giving you a quicker, better cooked meal.

Feed yourself and your camping buddies in style!

Weight (g) 3000
Recommended Use Camping
Fabric steel
Size (cm) 30 x 45 x 35
Packed Size (cm) 46 x 45 x 3

Obviously it is designed as a barbie, but the grill is in 3, hinged, sections so I thought it would make a decent enough fire tray for when canoeing. i.e. I can leave one section opened up to feed fire wood into it.

It is light enough to carry at 3kg, and folds flat.

More details here...
http://www.outwell.dk/Furniture.aspx?b=Outwell&bid=2&lid=1&l=en-GB&ProductId=1973&pid=9&CatId=540

For those in the NW, I bought it from Winfields at Haslingden for £19.99

Simon

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've looked at these a few times, let us know how you get on with it Simon as I might get one for our France trip this summer.

Is it pretty solid when standing ?

seg1959

Forager
Feb 8, 2010
Surrey, UK
Stands very solidly.

The steel is a bit thin, so will probably warp after use...but for the price was worth a gamble.

Ideal for when off ground fires are needed.

Simon

I actually used this last summer (6-7 times, 1-3 hrs each time) and the steel did not warp at all. Pretty good quality I would say.

EdS

Had the same thing for a few years now - used and BBQ and fire pit.

works pretty well, but need a bed of coals to get it going and you might want to find a way to fasten the sides in the open position. Mine has started to warp now but it s bee used for a couple of years.

The stainless steal Ikea lamplig trivets fits on it nicely as well.

Last edited:

Bumpy

Forager
Apr 18, 2008
West Yorkshire
inregards to the link bumpy i cant find it either its just that when i walked in to my local shop they were there for 8 quid and that was on the day simon posted this so told him

drew

Cheers Drew
Just trying to figure whether to make a trip to our Wakefield store on the off chance that they have the there too... Do I really need one (or two!)?:rolleyes:

SimonM

Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
"Need" is a bit strong guys...it's only a barbie:D

You'd never find me buying kit just because it looks good, or folds up small, or is sharp, or is shiney, or is...:rolleyes:

Gear nut? Me?

Simon

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
"Need" is a bit strong guys...it's only a barbie:D

You'd never find me buying kit just because it looks good, or folds up small, or is sharp, or is shiney, or is...:rolleyes:

Gear nut? Me?

Simon

were you by any chance lubricated by the good stuff when you posted this simon cos it seems to me you are talking b*ll**ks

and are gear nut well i would say we both are
drew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE