The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A point of interest (albeit limited...) is that JD isn't a bourbon (doesn't meet the criteria) though it's widely misunderstood to be so. The Shining film didn't help with that.
It's interesting that Jack Daniels (a "Tennessee Whisky") meets all the definition of bourbon;

At least 51% corn mash bill
Aged at least 2 years
Matured in first use American Oak barrels
Bottled at at least 80 proof.

The only thing that sets JD apart is that it's charcoal filtered.

For me though, I would agree that there are far better whiskeys for the money. Buffalo Trace, Wild Turkey 101, Bulleit & Woodford Reserve (esp the double oak) to name a few.

Last edited:

Garnett

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
London, UK
View attachment 89673

£9.37 74% Off | Sofirn HS10 USB C Rechargeable Mini 16340 Headlamp 1100lm LH351D 90CRI Angle Flashlight TIR Optics with Magnet Tail 2 Groups

On board charging, takes a CR123A if need be.
I ordered one of these on Sunday and it arrived today!

On first impressions it seems incredible value.

I've needed to get one of our boys a small light head torch for cubs and camping for a while and so your post came at the perfect time. We're actually off camping today and I had just enough to charge it. So thanks again.

The Frightful

Apr 21, 2020
Essex

I've needed to get one of our boys a small light head torch for cubs and camping for a while and so your post came at the perfect time. We're actually off camping today and I had just enough to charge it. So thanks again.
Ditto that arrived today, daft not to buy one imo

Reactions: Garnett

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

Glad to be of service, mine arrived today too :encourage:

Anyone still going on about waiting weeks because it’s from China needs to take note, the shipping is quicker than a lot of U.K. sellers.

I bought a 4000K and 5000K, I haven’t had a shine to see which I like best yet. One will end up as a gift.

Reactions: Garnett

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Temu have blade sharpeners aka ferro rod strikers going for 81p

One of the images says the edge is "high hardness alloyed steel" so probably not carbide of the more expensive versions, but should be good enough.

Reactions: The Frightful

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE