The 'I've found a bargain' thread

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
i got some of this when it was 2L for 50p

they ahve sales on every so often
just did a burn test in tealight holder plus ceramic wool, did much better than relisan hand gel

so might do for anyone who wants dragongel alternative....

Just did some water boiling tests using trangia mess tin, esbit stove ceramic wool and tealight cup, boiled 250ml in about 12 mins, using couple of pumps of hand gel, i think the winter in venice burns hotter than relisan, but still quite impressed at 25p/litre had to add more fuel at about 10 mins, so possibly 2 tealight holders might be better, theres plenty of space in an esbit. no residue on the tin at all, got better results than my alcahol stove and meths.....

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
i got some of this when it was 2L for 50p

they ahve sales on every so often
just did a burn test in tealight holder plus ceramic wool, did much better than relisan hand gel

so might do for anyone who wants dragongel alternative....
Unfortunately they have an outrageous price policy for “Highlands and Islands” so the England-shire bias strikes again.

Falstaff

Forager
Feb 12, 2023
Berkshire
Unfortunately they have an outrageous price policy for “Highlands and Islands” so the England-shire bias strikes again.
Don't think its a bias as such, just the old sales volume vs sheer extra cost of delivery in areas that don't have (or necessarily need) the level of postal and delivery services in the rest of the UK.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE