The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
GSI Outdoor mini Espresso set. £20 down from £50.

just_john

Mar 22, 2012
South Wales
Dam it, purchased....I wanted to try one of these, as I primarily use a small belt grinder and water stones for my knives.... something different.
Ive used one of these all the time for years, I find it great and can get a decent edge on it. I'm due to replace it with the same again due to the amount I've used it

I smoothed the back of my diamond stones and added finer grit lapping film as well for touching up the edge

Last edited:
Reactions: gra_farmer

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
GSI Outdoor mini Espresso set. £20 down from £50.

After waiting for 5 days after purchasing and the order status still saying 'Awaiting Fulfilment', It took me contacting Ordnance Survey today to find out that they have run out of stock and they will now commence the refund procedure which will take 5-7 working days.

Pretty poor way to conduct a business.

Reactions: matarius777

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
After waiting for 5 days after purchasing and the order status still saying 'Awaiting Fulfilment', It took me contacting Ordnance Survey today to find out that they have run out of stock and they will now commence the refund procedure which will take 5-7 working days.

Pretty poor way to conduct a business.
Same here!:( The only reason I know is because I read your post, ordnance survey must have considered me unworthy of telling me themselves by email, ******* *******!! I ordered on the 9th. Nice way of earning interest on other people’s money. They’ll be getting a berating by email, in fact I’ve been considering whether it’s worth paying for their map service considering I only use it locally and have it on a paper map anyway, I only really use it because it shows you where you are, so……

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
Same here!:( The only reason I know is because I read your post, ordnance survey must have considered me unworthy of telling me themselves by email, ******* *******!! I ordered on the 9th. Nice way of earning interest on other people’s money. They’ll be getting a berating by email, in fact I’ve been considering whether it’s worth paying for their map service considering I only use it locally and have it on a paper map anyway, I only really use it because it shows you where you are, so……
I also ordered it on the 9th, 5 minutes before I posted it here. I'd been waiting in excitement for it all week. All I got was 'Sorry for the inconvenience, you'll be refunded in 5-7 working days'. So I raised a complaint with the complaints department.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I don't know if you know this, but you can use the Ordnance Survey layer on Bing maps for free. It just doesn't work on mobile device (unless you can turn on a desktop mode)

Reactions: matarius777

matarius777

Nomad
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
Brilliant! I hadn’t heard of Bing. The ordnance survey layer seems to work on my iPhone, you can change the browser from mobile to desktop, so happy days. Thank you! :)

Reactions: Dan00001

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE