The 'I've found a bargain' thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Sofirn make the Wurkkos lights.

Reminds me, Wurkkos HD10 is supposedly due this month, or beginning of March. A right angle version of the TS10.

Reactions: Dan00001

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I have the sp40 but think it’s too weighty and unbalanced. I have smaller cr123 versions that are better for me.
I've never found it a problem. I like that I can also remove it from the head strap, attach a clip and clip it to my jacket for hands free light, or if I'm out walking with my sun after dark, I clip it to him.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
How do you think this would compare to the Thrunite Catapult V6.?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My favourite brand of torch is Sofirn and they have an official Ali Express store. The SP40 head torch is one of my favourites, I use it every night in bed to read. They're like £14 on Ali Express.
As Jared says, Sofirn make Wurkkos amongst other brands. Sofirn are good, pretty innovative, but Wurkkos do listen to their users via the flashlight forums and quickly introduce changes, such as high CRI and warmer colour emitters.

In general the Wurkkos lights are of a better quality. I have a TS11IMG_3402.jpegIMG_3701.jpeg, takes 18350 shorty tube, and 18650. If you like throwers, well…

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
As Jared says, Sofirn make Wurkkos amongst other brands. Sofirn are good, pretty innovative, but Wurkkos do listen to their users via the flashlight forums and quickly introduce changes, such as high CRI and warmer colour emitters.

In general the Wurkkos lights are of a better quality. I have a TS11View attachment 85311View attachment 85312, takes 18350 shorty tube, and 18650. If you like throwers, well…
I might have to try one. I do like throwers, love my IF22A

Reactions: Nice65

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
99p for 7 10cm x 10cm sample pieces of a Cordura type material. I bought these genuinely to sample the fabric, but they've come in real hand for patching up holes. No doubt you could find similar in different fabrics, ideal for sticking in your sew kit.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland

Mine arrived yesterday, what a cracking little thrower.

Couple of weird issues though,... 1. When charging the flashing red light never changes to green to indicate a full charge.
2. You can turn the torch on and off as well as scrolling through all options by pressing the charging / cable port.
3. If you do a fast triple click when in strobe mode there are two further strobe modes.

Reactions: TeeDee

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter

Couple of weird issues though,... 1. When charging the flashing red light never changes to green to indicate a full charge.
2. You can turn the torch on and off as well as scrolling through all options by pressing the charging / cable port.
3. If you do a fast triple click when in strobe mode there are two further strobe modes.

Also picked up one of these. Impressed.

Reactions: Robbi

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex

That charge port thing is weird, mine doesn’t do that, and nor should it.

I usually put the batteries in the charger, but I’ve plugged in the lead so I’ll see later if the light goes green.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
@Robbi

Reading about these on BudgetLightForum, these are probably first batch. They often have little foibles. But yours sounds a bit wonky, especially the charge port cap activation. Only way I can make that happen is by accidentally pressing the switch which is opposite.

Charges until green too.

Dan00001

Forager
Nov 13, 2023
Wales
I bought this jacket in 2020, they were £25 back then. It's a very thick canvas (nothing like a Barbour) and quilted. Mine came very heavily waxed/oiled which has for the most part worn off/absorbed into the material by now (thank god).

I'm seriously impressed with this jacket, never mind for the money. I bought this jacket as a beater jacket that I wouldn't care about abusing because it didn't cost a lot. It's seen 3 seasons of Christmas tree selling as well as general winter activities where I didn't want to wear my more expensive coats. It's been abused. Not a single stitch has come apart, it still keeps me dry and warm, branches, thorns, jagged rocks don't leave a scratch on this jacket.

It's definitely not a long distance hiking jacket, but it makes a great winter jacket for a walk through the woods and bushcraft type activities. They've gone up to £35 now though, but I think it's still a good buy at this price.

Last edited:
Reactions: gg012 and billycoen

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
I think I got one of those on our local market about twelve years ago. The material of the collar and lining look the same. Is there a detachable hood with yours?

Mine’s still going strong too and still waterproof.
Thoroughly recommended.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE