Trip Report The Inaugural Gathering of the Steam Tent Co-operative.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
Liking the 'new' direction Gar!, We are into the old camping style of things aswell, got a few old cottom/canvas ridge tents and a 4m bell tent now aswell (which we've yet to have had the op to use). If you do anything york n north let me know ;-)...

mat

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Yes, we will be at Northstar Rising in July.

We are also considering a Halloween event that we haven't decided the venue for yet but with our membership spread widely across the country it is likely that many events will fall in the Midlands.

That is a couple of hours journey for us but it does give some of the Southerners a chance.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Liking the 'new' direction Gar!, We are into the old camping style of things aswell, got a few old cottom/canvas ridge tents and a 4m bell tent now aswell (which we've yet to have had the op to use). If you do anything york n north let me know ;-)...

mat

2.5 hours from York to Rough Close according to Google Maps

MT606

Nomad
Jan 17, 2013
North of the southern wall.
yeah I know the area, use to live in co durham but nearer the cumbrian border area up in the hills....is it abit like castlefest in Holland but all steampunk themed? also no info on dogs being allowed in that I can see....

udamiano

On a new journey
As an update. Bliss hill was a great event. And the group put up a fantastic display.
A wonderful slow cooked joint of beef was devoured with gusto followed by a equally suburb peach cobbler on Saturday night, With bush TV and excellent company to accompany.
The weather was generally agreed as to being HOT! HOT with outbreaks of HOT

81b637ba969bfaee83e08c7007d6e21f.jpg

e30f5aff17d6c8a161979291fc02c9c5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
As an update. Bliss hill was a great event. And the group put up a fantastic display.
A wonderful slow cooked joint of beef was devoured with gusto followed by a equally suburb peach cobbler on Saturday night, With bush TV and excellent company to accompany.
The weather was generally agreed as to being HOT! HOT with outbreaks of HOT.

The food was fanastic, as was the company. Sweltering is how I would descibe the weather. :D
Great pics.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Blists-Hill-IV.jpg

As a group, public shows are not what we are setting out to do. But if an invitation comes along that offers some interesting opportunities then it is something we are well enough equipped to do.

When John Naylor contacted us about putting a display on at Blists Hill Victorian Town as part of “The Town That Never Was”, Debs and I had a pretty good idea, from 30 years of living history work, what it would entail.

For Steve, Colin and Damian that joined us it could have been a baptism of fire though.

Blists-Hill-III.jpg

In the end, although it was indeed very hot, the flow of people that came to see us was steady but not overwhelming.

Blists-Hill-V.jpg

I didn’t get much time to take pictures but there are a few here of our encampment that I did get.

Blists-Hill-II.jpg

The public response and that from other Steampunks was very positive and we gained a few new members from it on the FaceBook Group.

Blists-Hill-I.jpg

It was a lot of work and logistics for a two day weekend camp but I think the real measure will be how much it raises our profile and gets the idea of what we are trying to do out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: crosslandkelly

ferretracer

Nov 16, 2012
basingstoke
looks a good weekend, must admit Ive been tempted with the steam punk scene for a few years now after not doing much myself with the medieval reenactment scene. I know David smith who organises a few events has done a couple of steam events for this year. I will try and find some links when Im home

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE